Iowa is now officially slotted as the 9 seed in the BTT

At least when they lose Lick will have an excuse, "we had to play Michigan again and it isn't fair to have to play them three years in a row". Sims is licking his chops at this opportunity once again!! We single handedly raised his NBA stock!

Does anybody know what channel the game will be on? I know one game is on the BTN, while the rest usually are on ESPN.

Does anybody know what channel the game will be on? I know one game is on the BTN, while the rest usually are on ESPN.
It's the early game, so it's ESPN.

That said, it's not 100% Michigan, but Indiana would have to win along with some other stuff. So basically will likely get UM.

If Michigan wins against Michigan State on Sunday and Indiana wins at home vs. Northwestern on Saturday, Iowa plays Northwestern in the 8 vs. 9 game. Either way the game is at 1:30 Iowa time on ESPN2.

If Michigan wins against Michigan State on Sunday and Indiana wins at home vs. Northwestern on Saturday, Iowa plays Northwestern in the 8 vs. 9 game. Either way the game is at 1:30 Iowa time on ESPN2.

You're right, I had a brain fart, couldn't think of the other matchup that mattered. Iowa has the tie breakers over Indiana and Penn State, so they are set at the 9 and it would be NW that drops to 8 behind UM.

As bad as the Hawks are this year and there are still two teams in the Big Ten worse. Remarkable.

Thank Sampson for that because without them the hawks would be in the cellar. They do have an excuse and they will leave this group of recruiters in the dust before long.

As bad as the Hawks are this year and there are still two teams in the Big Ten worse. Remarkable.

Record wise Penn State is worse.

BUT

Penn State is better than both Iowa and Indiana right now as the season comes to a close. This statement is not even debatable.

Record wise Penn State is worse.

BUT

Penn State is better than both Iowa and Indiana right now as the season comes to a close. This statement is not even debatable.

PSU is a sleeper in this tourny. NW better be wary..and if PSU gets past day one, I could see them doing real damage in that side of the bracket.

You always here the statement that its hard to beat a team 3 times in a year! Does that scenario hold water with Iowa playing Michigan again for the 3rd.time? Can our coaching staff get it done?

Yes, if Iowa would have dropped to the 10 seed below PSU, they would have gotten Northwestern, a much better matchup.

I don't think it's a much better matchup now that Carmody knows better than to play zone against Iowa.

Now if only Iowa could play a little zone against Michigan; maybe we would have a chance. It won't happen though.

Time to work on the zone defense! Oh wait...no we'll stay in the man to man and get torched...again.

You always here the statement that its hard to beat a team 3 times in a year! Does that scenario hold water with Iowa playing Michigan again for the 3rd.time? Can our coaching staff get it done?

The staff hasn't shown any reason for us to believe they have anything in store to beat Michigan. They continually allow Sims and Harris do what they want. Iowa had the game in the bag in Carver and pooped it down there leg by letting Sims go off.

Sims is just an absolutely awful matchup for Iowa.

Latest posts