Iowa is not going to play for a nc.

I'm a big hawk fan, but they will lose at least 3 games. @Arizona, @Michigan, and to Wisconsin or Ohio State.

You can't just come out and say that! Keep it to yourself next time..lol. I sure hope the kool-aid drinkers around here are right about us playing for the national title, but I'm thinking we lose 2 regular season games. OSU (they have our number like we have PSU's) and to either Arizona or Northwestern (see OSU above).

We already know we aren't likely to win it...can't hurt to hope though. I doubt we get out unscathed as well, probably to the tune of 2-3 losses but it's not up to us what our team does. All I want is one title in my lifetime. If that happens...all that I will want is another one.

I'm a big hawk fan, but they will lose at least 3 games. @Arizona, @Michigan, and to Wisconsin or Ohio State.

I think they will lose to one good team (PSU, OSU, Wiscy, Michigan, or Arizona) and to one team they have no business losing to (ISU, MSU, Indiana, or Northwestern)

Minnesota and Ball State are automatic wins

I don't think it's probable that U of I will win a NC, but at the same time Iowa has never been in a better position to achieve that goal then right now.

Weird sh!7 happens during a football season, some good some bad. Who knows, with some breaks going our way and some not going the way of the other big dogs, Iowa may very well find its self on top of the college football heap at the end of the season.

Until my dreams are mathematically dashed, I'm just going to sleep at night whistling the hokey-poky.

Lets play this one game at a time. If it happens it happens. If not we'll have fun trying and dreaming. You can be a pessimist but I have more fun being optimistic. Lets enjoy the season no matter how it turns out.

I think I'm going to start posting stuff that people will get upset by so I can start a thread with lots of replys. Then I'll be cool.

I ain't going to inherit hef's mansion either, but I can dream can't I. Lets see how things play out on the playing field before we rush to judgement.

Thanx Iowanole1 for posting. You still haven't gotten over Bobby Bowden have you.

The people who continue to laugh at others for predicting a loss @ Michigan shows just the utter delusion that takes place on most message boards.

We've won like 2 times in Ann Arbor in the last 25 years? We barely beat them last year in Kinnick (by two points). They turned the ball over 5 times and we can only win by 2 points.

Robinson came in and totally ran all over our defense. Had there been 5 minutes left in that game they would have probably beaten us.

Yes - we are early in the season, but Michigan is clearly better this year and it isn't a secret that Rich Rod's offense thrives with a ummmm fast quarterback.

We might head into that game undefeated and we could still be underdogs. If there's any type of offense we struggle with it is shotgun offenses that use short passes and spread option running. We don't match up well at all with their offense. Not at all.

Latest posts