"Iowa is Cook and roster of mid major players"

longtimer

That is what Grahm Couch from the Lansing paper said in reference to what he thought was a poor performance by the Spartans. I guess that is pretty much true. If so how are we ever going to be anything but mediocre?

PS Apparently there were well over 4 thousand empty seats last night. Nothing gets a coach fired faster than empty seats!

That is what Grahm Couch from the Lansing paper said in reference to what he thought was a poor performance by the Spartans. I guess that is pretty much true. If so how are we ever going to be anything but mediocre?

PS Apparently there were well over 4 thousand empty seats last night. Nothing gets a coach fired faster than empty seats!

Big Ten TV deal > Seats

Anyone who things JBo is mid major is not reasonable.

Aside from that, not a lot of argument.

Izzo looks like hell.

Cook has enough deficits that I don't think he's quite ready to leave for the NBA yet. Although, he did show a nice 17-18 foot shot last night on a few occasions. Still has to work on defense.

The guy obviously doesn't know anything about Iowa basketball or the recruits. Garza is a top recruit and playing great as a freshman. Jo Bo proved he can play at Div I level.

Funny how when you team loses, it because they sucked so bad or were tired that night. Head not in it.
Sure, had nothing to do with the play of the other team at all.

Big Ten TV deal > Seats

Anyone who things JBo is mid major is not reasonable.

Aside from that, not a lot of argument.

Izzo looks like hell.
I would argue that Nunge and Garza are D1 projects. Probably shouldn't be logging a ton of minutes as Freshman, but I believe both will be good.

The empty seats didn't deter a senseless contract x2.
Maybe Gutless was figuring 3000 empty seats rather than the 6 or 7000 he might be facing next year. Throw in 5 or 6000 empty seats at Kinnick and Houston we have a problem. The AD only ran 3 million in the black. That's not much of a cushion. And none of the renovations/new projects came out of that budget. Gutless Gary has got some work to do.

I would argue that Nunge and Garza are D1 projects. Probably shouldn't be logging a ton of minutes as Freshman, but I believe both will be good.

I think Garza will be a good, solid contributor but has a certain ceiling that will prevent him from ever being great. Nunge though, I'm just not feeling it yet for him. Not that he couldn't end up proving me wrong.

I think Garza will be a good, solid contributor but has a certain ceiling that will prevent him from ever being great. Nunge though, I'm just not feeling it yet for him. Not that he couldn't end up proving me wrong.

Nunge looks just like Uthoff did his sophomore year, which was his 3rd year of college. Half of the time he looks smooth as hell and half of the time he looks like a weakling with no coordination.

Nunge looks just like Uthoff did his sophomore year, which was his 3rd year of college. Half of the time he looks smooth as hell and half of the time he looks like a weakling with no coordination.

At this point Uthoff > Nunge and not close. They are not remotely similar players. When Nunge is vastly improved he will never look like Uthoff. First of all one didn't know what passing was and the other does...too much.

Did he mention anything about the mid-major like coaching on IA staff? ;)

Garza will always be below average on defense because of his athleticism . Opposing bigs with any athleticism and a decent skill set will always be able to score on him at will

Latest posts