Iowa is close to be ranked (in the 26 spot in AP)

Same old Iowa - it’s year 12 of this shit - being ranked and playing good basketball in one of the best conferences in the country gets really combersome. Having a team full of talent that just reloads and is competitive every season just isn’t cutting it

Polls are like figure skating scores. Don't mean shit.

Why not post Iowa's net ranking...that actually counts for something.

Polls are like figure skating scores. Don't mean shit.

Why not post Iowa's net ranking...that actually counts for something.

Yep, just entertainment and there isn't anything wrong with that. Neither the AP or the Coaches polls are being used by the selection committee. You are better off looking at the computer rankings, although even they have little impact. The NET ranking is what the committee is using, the team sheets they get lists the team computer rankings on the sheet. Beyond that it comes down to their "eye test".

Same old Iowa - it’s year 12 of this shit - being ranked and playing good basketball in one of the best conferences in the country gets really combersome. Having a team full of talent that just reloads and is competitive every season just isn’t cutting it
Oh, I see what you did there.

Agree on your sentiment. Fran and his teams are always relevant and interesting at some level.

PS. I believe Iowa will lose at Rutgers tomorrow night. That's a tough game to win IMO and it won't change much on my opinion of this squad if they lose.

PS. I believe Iowa will lose at Rutgers tomorrow night. That's a tough game to win IMO and it won't change much on my opinion of this squad if they lose.
Caught a Rutgers/Maryland game at the RAC a few years ago when my best friend lived in PA.

Rutgers is Rutgers, but sonofabitch that place is rowdy and LOUD as hell. Tiny little arena but the crowd is right on top of the court and the weird shape of the building makes it like an echo chamber. It sounds like a 20,000 seat arena on TV but i think it seats like 8,000 people or something like that.

Those folks on the east coast take their basketball as serious as we take football in the midwest.

Caught a Rutgers/Maryland game at the RAC a few years ago when my best friend lived in PA.

Rutgers is Rutgers, but sonofabitch that place is rowdy and LOUD as hell. Tiny little arena but the crowd is right on top of the court and the weird shape of the building makes it like an echo chamber. It sounds like a 20,000 seat arena on TV but i think it seats like 8,000 people or something like that.

Those folks on the east coast take their basketball as serious as we take football in the midwest.
Yeah, it's a tough place to win and I imagine their win percentage at home the last several years bare that out. That said, I am a weirdo when it comes to home and away basketball games. In my head, I just pretty much count on all road games to be loses. By the same token, I project all home wins to be W's - that way I am pleasantly surprised from time to time and IMO, Hawks should hold home court to any program in the country. Doesn't always work out that way, obviously - upsets happen and road wins happen but - road wins are so hard to come by in college hoops it tends to work itself out record wise over a season. Iowa might steal a couple on the road and they are likely to get upset at home once or twice a season too.

Oh I knew you weren't. It's crazy to me that the NET likes Iowa so much... I definitely don't get the math haha

Yeah, I was surprised as well and they are even ranked 1 spot ahead of Iowa State. My guess is the fact that Iowa has yet to lose a game that they were supposed to win and they are in the top 10 in points scored (contributes to "Net efficiency").

But it is still early as Iowa is only 6 games into its conference schedule so the non conference is still weighing heavily when it comes to looking at its "Net efficiency". So as the conference season progresses that will probably lower while the "Team Index Score" will improve as they keep playing quality opponents and hopefully win a few.