Iowa is a lock for the NCAA Tournament

A couple of tourney upsets, like MWC might put Iowa on the bubble.
Iowa's RPI is falling, after the NW loss, would guess they are hovering around 60.

Since the bubble sucks so bad this year Iowa should still get in. If it was last years field Iowa would have been on the outside looking in with this team

A couple of tourney upsets, like MWC might put Iowa on the bubble.
Iowa's RPI is falling, after the NW loss, would guess they are hovering around 60.

Since the bubble sucks so bad this year Iowa should still get in. If it was last years field Iowa would have been on the outside looking in with this team

Yeah ... last year, this team was on the outside looking in. Different conference schedule this year.

I recall a weak bubble last year. we were barely on it because our strength of schedule was so bad.

Not sure our RPI is going to drop 10-20 points with a conference tourney loss. but why not?

If one non-andy katz analyst had us anywhere near the bubble, I'd understand. But they just don't.

Idk how any one can say theyre in fur sure. Wow, who saw this happening? Talk about an epic meltdown.....sad. Put them and us out of our misery

They are I guess, but they shouldn't be. It makes no sense to me why "last 10" doesn't matter anymore. Last year, this should've helped the Hawks. This year, it should be held against them. If I want to look at it objectively, that is.

It's not supposed to, but will or could it. I mean humans still make the final decision. This will be interesting to see if it plays in their decision.

Hawks are ranked 53 in the RPI and are seeded number 8 against number 9 Arizona State with the winner probably playing number 1 Florida in the South Region, as of March 13 in Lombardi's Bracketology.....

SOUTH (Memphis)

Orlando 1FLORIDA
16STONY BROOK
8Iowa
9Arizona St
San Diego 5Oklahoma
12HARVARD
4North Carolina
13STEPHEN F. AUSTIN
Buffalo 6Connecticut
11Brigham Young / 11Saint Joseph's
3Syracuse
14North Carolina Central
St. Louis 7New Mexico
10Stanford
2KANSAS
15MILWAUKEE

Bracketology - NCAA College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPN

Things will certainly change after the last game on Sunday. It is going to be close.....

Every League Champion or highest seed remaining gets in the Dance.....

Hawks are ranked 53 in the RPI and are seeded number 8 against number 9 Arizona State with the winner probably playing number 1 Florida in the South Region, as of March 13 in Lombardi's Bracketology.....

SOUTH (Memphis)

Orlando 1FLORIDA
16STONY BROOK
8Iowa
9Arizona St
San Diego 5Oklahoma
12HARVARD
4North Carolina
13STEPHEN F. AUSTIN
Buffalo 6Connecticut
11Brigham Young / 11Saint Joseph's
3Syracuse
14North Carolina Central
St. Louis 7New Mexico
10Stanford
2KANSAS
15MILWAUKEE

Bracketology - NCAA College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPN

Things will certainly change after the last game on Sunday. It is going to be close.....

Every League Champion or highest seed remaining gets in the Dance.....

i think this is yesterday's. The one from march 14 has us as a 10 against gonzaga in the midwest bracket. 2 seed is kansas.

They are I guess, but they shouldn't be. It makes no sense to me why "last 10" doesn't matter anymore. Last year, this should've helped the Hawks. This year, it should be held against them. If I want to look at it objectively, that is.

It makes a lot of sense as to why last 10 shouldn't matter.

Feeling less confident today.

Seeing lots of talk / twitter anti-Iowa stuff and bubble / not bubble back and forth. Not from Lunardi or Seth Davis types, but some other expert / expert wanna-be types seem to have no problem putting Iowa in a "bubble" category. Discussion like that doesn't really seems to equate to "Lock" any more.

Feeling less confident today.

Seeing lots of talk / twitter anti-Iowa stuff and bubble / not bubble back and forth. Not from Lunardi or Seth Davis types, but some other expert / expert wanna-be types seem to have no problem putting Iowa in "bubble" category. Discussion like that doesn't really seems to equate to "Lock" any more.

Lot of football 'experts' suddenly getting into predicting an NCAA hoops field and seedings.

CBS, ESPN, and Sporting News all have Iowa as a 10 seed. Yahoo has Iowa a 9, USA Today has Iowa 11. All of them have Iowa safely in and NOT in the opening round play in games. Iowa is a lock for sure. Just look at the resumes of the teams they are competing with if you are worried. You will feel better once you do. Right now I'd say on the S-curve we are a 10, which means we could get a 9, 10, or 11 depending on other factors, although supposedly the committee is going to try to keep teams closer to their true seed this year. We'll see.

CBS, ESPN, and Sporting News all have Iowa as a 10 seed. Yahoo has Iowa a 9, USA Today has Iowa 11. All of them have Iowa safely in and NOT in the opening round play in games. Iowa is a lock for sure. Just look at the resumes of the teams they are competing with if you are worried. You will feel better once you do. Right now I'd say on the S-curve we are a 10, which means we could get a 9, 10, or 11 depending on other factors, although supposedly the committee is going to try to keep teams closer to their true seed this year. We'll see.

Thank you for a very reasonable post.....

:cool:

After today's games, it is definitely looking better for the Hawks. I don't want to get my hopes up too high....the committee is human, and the experts are never 100% all the time. I'll breathe a sigh of relief AFTER Iowa's name is called tomorrow...not before.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

If you had "locks" on your van down by the river as secure as an NCAA play-in game, you'd probably require a visit by the police every other day. Iowa BARELY made it, and as JonDMiller points out in his front page analysis, there is some disagreement whether you can say the Hawks actually made the tournament. As he says, if Iowa loses Wednesday, saying Fran has this program dancing in year four of his tenure is going to feel pretty hollow.

Good luck to the team Wednesday night. But can we as we fans be excused if we suspect how a dispirited group that was once 16-4 and ranked in the Top 10 but has since fallen faster than a steel plate in Assembly Hall is going to perform?

Latest posts