Iowa is #15 in the BCS

Besides going unbeaten, we need these four things to happen.

1. Oregon to lose
2. Oklahoma to lose
3. the winner of LSU/Auburn game to lose
4. Alabama to lose one more game.

If Boise State loses, we just need 3 of those four to happen.
I Iowa could maybe jump Boise, but I think wisky adn OSU needs to be 10-2, and MSU be 11-1.

TCU won't be an issue, I think we would jump them in the polls.

I'm assuming Mizzy and Okla St. will lose some games.

That would be something, wouldn't it? Really, the only other acceptable answer that makes any sense is Oregon, and they're #2.

This is going to be one of those years of parody, much like 2007. It's too bad we had a crappy team that year and we couldn't take advantage of it. This will be one of those years where there is no clear cut favorite and unexpected teams make it into the BCS games.

The ESPN gentlemen were talking about signature wins. So let me get this straight. MSU beating Michigan in the Big House was a signature win but Iowa following that up was not? Who exactly is TCU's signature win?

I think MSU's signature win was against Wisky who beat the #1 team. OSU's signature win was against Miami.

This is going to be one of those years of parody, much like 2007. It's too bad we had a crappy team that year and we couldn't take advantage of it. This will be one of those years where there is no clear cut favorite and unexpected teams make it into the BCS games.

Very true. Jon was dead on last night when he wrote that there doesn't seem to be a clear cut #1.

Besides going unbeaten, we need these four things to happen.

1. Oregon to lose
2. Oklahoma to lose
3. the winner of LSU/Auburn game to lose
4. Alabama to lose one more game.

If Boise State loses, we just need 3 of those four to happen.
I Iowa could maybe jump Boise, but I think wisky adn OSU needs to be 10-2, and MSU be 11-1.

TCU won't be an issue, I think we would jump them in the polls.

I'm assuming Mizzy and Okla St. will lose some games.

What stinks is we need those teams to win to help BCS chances, but it'd be nice if those teams would lose and we could possibily win the big ten with one loss.

If Iowa were to win out, they would pass both Boise and TCU... very simple. The hardest part isn't going to be all the other stuff... the hardest part is winning the next 6 games.
Let's talk about next week... IF the Hawkeyes win next week they will move up at least 3 spots and things will begin to take care of themselves.

Sheesh. No wonder the computers hate us right now. Our opponents went 1-3 over the weekend. Arizona got the only win, and Eastern Illinois is winless on the season.

If Iowa were to win out, they would pass both Boise and TCU... very simple. The hardest part isn't going to be all the other stuff... the hardest part is winning the next 6 games.
Let's talk about next week... IF the Hawkeyes win next week they will move up at least 3 spots and things will begin to take care of themselves.

Iowa isn't losing to Wisconsin, Greg. Come on.

MSU is a win as well, if only because I'll be in the stands.

There are three teams in the Big 10 that have similar talent levels and play near identical styles of football, and they are Iowa, MSU and Wisconsin.

I've been concerned about these next two weeks, since the preseason. I think we can beat the Badgers and Spartans at home, but it'll be tough. Both defenses have stood up to good offenses and both offenses have strong, deep running games with pretty decent passing attacks.

Playing them back to back is also a concern, because I think it's going to be two bruising weeks. Hopefully the coaches and players will get pumped for this gauntlet.

What stinks is we need those teams to win to help BCS chances, but it'd be nice if those teams would lose and we could possibily win the big ten with one loss.

Jon just said on twitter BSU will have to be number #1 in the human polls and then they still won't probably get in. If that is true, than we need only 3 of the 4 to happen, I'm liking the chances better now.

Last edited:
we need bottom line to get unscathed (both winning and injuries) next week, do not rule out a key loss of a key player, lets count our blessings already for a pretty healthy season on the offensive side of the ball, remember i firmly believe an injury is what cost us last year. That is the most important thing of all? any body second this?

INJURY FREE=ROSE BOWL (or better, hopefully)

The thing that irritates me, and I know it sounds like whining over spilt milk, is if we don't come out of the gate asleep against Arizona, we would already be where we need to be, and the next 6 wins would all but gurantee us a spot in the NC game. Oh, well like most have said, lets see how the roses in Pasadena are this year.

The thing that irritates me, and I know it sounds like whining over spilt milk, is if we don't come out of the gate asleep against Arizona, we would already be where we need to be, and the next 6 wins would all but gurantee us a spot in the NC game. Oh, well like most have said, lets see how the roses in Pasadena are this year.

What's even more annoying is that college football doesn't have a playoff and we have to worry about the BCS but that's even more redundant.

We will be in the Rose Bowl this year though and that's going to be awesome.

To be honest, I think the Arizona game helped bring the team, the coaches and the fans back down to Earth. Perhaps helped us identify our weakness as well.

If we do end up going 11-1, we'll certainly have to deal with the "What ifs", but I'll take that if it means a Rose Bowl victory.

Just remember we only need to be #2 in the the BCS to play in the NC game.
If Mich St, Wisky, and Ohio ST only lost the rest of this season is to Iowa, our SOS will be out of sight.
We could get lucky the last week of the season and slip in to 2nd.

Simple, we NEED to win out. All of this is fun mental games, but it won't matter much if we come out flat in any of our next 3 games. I've said it before, but Iowa needs to be out front for this to work. We aren't a very good come from behind team (and don't bring up the Michigan game cause that was awfully early in the game to be behind).

The crap of all this is if we would have taken care of business in AZ, we would be sitting in top 5 easily if not 1 or 2.

Latest posts