Iowa is #15 in the BCS

Iowa has toughest schedule left in the country. Iowa only team in the country to have play 3 top #15 BCS (ranked higher than them) teams.

No, we have the easiest schedule left because we play everyone at home or something.

We play ohio state...wisconsin...MSU....Then TCU plays Utah... Oky plays Missouri..Auburn plays Bama...LSU..plays Bama and Auburn next two weeks.plus the SEC championship...that's alot of teams ahead of us either we play or playing each other. I think the main ones we need to root against is Oregon and Oky. Boise the one that may throw a wrench in Iowa's chances. Be nice to get them a loss, cause i think we could jump a undefeated TCU or Utah, but maybe not Boise.

I'm surprised how low Boise State is in the Computer Rankings already. Winning out may not be enough for them. As far as what Iowa needs - losses by Oklahoma, Oregon and whoever wins the SEC West.

I'm surprised how low Boise State is in the Computer Rankings already. Winning out may not be enough for them. As far as what Iowa needs - losses by Oklahoma, Oregon and whoever wins the SEC West.

Kind of surprised me too. You know they will drop in that too by default since the initial one doesn't include all the crap they have left on their schedule.

I'm surprised how low Boise State is in the Computer Rankings already. Winning out may not be enough for them

It very likely won't be enough.

Dan Wetzel on Twitter a few minutes ago:
Last year, Boise entered BCS standings at 4. Won every game, ended at 6

Last edited:
The ESPN gentlemen were talking about signature wins. So let me get this straight. MSU beating Michigan in the Big House was a signature win but Iowa following that up was not? Who exactly is TCU's signature win?

Check this out the more I look at it, the more I see it's not impossible. I threw out Wisky/OSU/MSU, cause if we have a shot we have to beat them. And then I grouped teams that play each other which guarantees a loss. And we really only need 5 teams to lose. And that's not counting us jumping some teams. Take a look.

1.Oky/Missouri/OkySt Oky plays both(miss and oky stat don't play) +big 12 championship

2.Oregon (Need to Lose)

3.Boise (Does a one loss Iowa team eventually jump undefeated boise, not impossible.)

4.Auburn/Bama/LSU all have games left against each other + sec championship
they could really all beat each other and elimitate all.

5.TCU/Utah (very possible we could jump either one if they go undefeated)

6.Stanford (I think they win out and we win out, we will jump them)

That's really not an unrealistic amount of things to happen at this point of the season.

I'm getting sick and tired of the non-qualifiers getting a free pass. They recruit on that shtick.

"Come to Boise St. We have the easiest path to the BCS."

Nevada's loss last night really hurts them. That was the game they were counting on to bolster the back end of their schedule just enough.

We just need to enjoy the "love In"! Can any Hawk fan stand it? We don't know what to do with so much praise and admiration BEFORE playing the meat of our schedule. WWWWWooooowww. Further, the craziest thing about those BCS rankings. Not a single school from Florida, U of Texas, or USC was involved. The times they is a changin' :)

We need the SEC teams to keep beating each other in order to have a slim chance. Still think its an EXTREME Long shot

The ESPN gentlemen were talking about signature wins. So let me get this straight. MSU beating Michigan in the Big House was a signature win but Iowa following that up was not? Who exactly is TCU's signature win?

Probably Oregon State. Maybe Utah next month.

Latest posts