Iowa-Indiana prediction thread

docholihawk

It might be a little early for this but it seems like forever since we played.
I'm predicting a 28-27 Iowa victory with the defense once again getting a late 4th quarter turnover on a driving Hoosier team. I imagine this would be the ending of the captain's dream game.

We're averaging 23 points per game thus far against teams with a cumulative 10-17 record this season.......none of those teams has a winning record thus far. I think we'll need more than 23 points against this Indiana team for a victory on Saturday.

The Davis hire needs to begin to show its value now. If not against one of the worst defenses in the league thus far this season then when? The defense has done well and seems to be improving but it can't carry this team to West Division contention on its own.

I predict check downs, peehissed fans and a stubborn obstinate self defeating coaching performance resulting in TV announcer incredulity.

We'll see how vested KirkFer is in this dual QB / "hot hand" strategy because it will be tested to see if both get a fair shot. I'll believe it when it happens, in earnest.

Indy will shred the LB's on land and in the air, early. So, not only will Hawks need to score points, they'll need to rally. I'm not confident Iowa can do either, when needed. I'm even less confident the Kirk Davis offense will adjust the attack and / or the personnel in time.

Indiana 33 - Iwa 24.

We'll see how vested KirkFer is in this dual QB / "hot hand" strategy because it will be tested to see if both get a fair shot. I'll believe it when it happens, in earnest.

Indy will shred the LB's on land and in the air, early. So, not only will Hawks need to score points, they'll need to rally. I'm not confident Iowa can do either, when needed. I'm even less confident the Kirk Davis offense will adjust the attack and / or the personnel in time.

Indiana 33 - Iwa 24.

Kurt is lying. He'll never feel "comfortable" enough to yank Checkdown, who'll be pressing and making mistakes. Just watch.

We go down big early. We need a Tyler Sash pin ball interception to make a big momentum change. We lose Stanzi to Northwestern.

We Don't have Stanzi anymore........so we are in deep dodo on this one. Glad we had last week off to get my ulcer under control.

I see we are going to be on the loser channel esecpn u. Does anybody know who will be announcing the game.

Iowa can win this one by 7 or 10 points, and I think itll happen with CJ in, the running game clicking, and the defense making the big stops at the right times. I think indy will get their yards, but it all depends on if the iowa defense can keep them outta the endzone.

What I think will really happen is KF plays JR way yoo much, and never really givez CJ a chance. KF plays stubborn, and we go back to horrible play calling. KF and davis will lose this one, much like the iowa state game. I think because of this, at some point indy will go up by 14-17 points, kirk puts CJ in, we get within 3 or 7, but then the defense fails to make the big stops, indy runs the clock out, CJ does not get a chance to be the hero..... fire ferentz talk continues, and I vote Bielema as his replacement.

What I hope: 27-21 iowa
What I think: 28-24 indy

Ruddock and CJ both throw an INT in this one.

Indiana 33 - Iwa 24.

So if I understand what you are saying, is that Phil Parker can't get the linebackers ready to play Indiana in two weeks. They have made incredible progress since that first game, not perfect, but they are actually guarding people now. I'm going to give Phil the benefit of the doubt on this one that he has these guys ready to play. I also think he plays more of Jewell to get more speed on the field in his pass defense coverage. I also think he takes a LB out on 2nd and long and 3rd and long.

I just don't think Indiana is going to beat us at home with two weeks to prepare for them and they played last week.

So if I understand what you are saying, is that Phil Parker can't get the linebackers ready to play Indiana in two weeks. They have made incredible progress since that first game, not perfect, but they are actually guarding people now. I'm going to give Phil the benefit of the doubt on this one that he has these guys ready to play. I also think he plays more of Jewell to get more speed on the field in his pass defense coverage. I also think he takes a LB out on 2nd and long and 3rd and long.

I just don't think Indiana is going to beat us at home with two weeks to prepare for them and they played last week.

I think he'll have instructed them thoroughly on what they need to do to beat Indy. I think they'll be rusty and will not be able to execute it -- as I said, early. I do believe they'll settle down and contain Indy but they will give up 24 points in the first half.

Meanwhile, I don't believe the offense will be able to score enough, let alone, rally from a 14-point deficit, since they will be starting out / playing at least "half" of the game with one "arm" tied behind their back, if you get my drift.

Boy this is a tough one to call. Which Indiana team will show up? Which Iowa team shows up? Do we play a complete game? (Doubtful) Half a game? (We will make this one interesting) Is Jake "forced" to throw more long balls to solidify his job? (He will try) Will a 2 QB approach work? (No) ... Will Indiana make our linebackers look silly? (Probably) Will Indiana be able to run against us (Not really) ... Will their QB throw for more than 300 yards (Yes) ... Will we be cursing Kirk and Davis heading into the lockerroom at halftime (Good bet that we will) ... Do we need to score more than 30 points to win this game? (Absolutely) ... Will Indiana score more than 30 points? (I don't think so) ... Score? (Who knows) ... It's unfortunate because Indiana used to be one of our cakewalk games (i.e. Northwestern) ... and now they have caught us ... and games that we used to count on for wins (Minnesota, Indiana, Northwestern) are now tossups ... Because the game is at Kinnick ... Because we have had a week off to heal any bumps ... and hopefully put together a decent gameplan ... Because it's Homecoming ... I think we edge out a win ... but I fully expect 3+ hours of head scratching and cursing along the way ...

Last edited:
I'm not going to predict the score, but I will predict the excitement level of the game...
watching-paint-dry-5.jpg

Latest posts