IOWA-Illinois game prediction

docholihawk

The way this season has played out we don't really know what we'll see this week. From the anger KF showed after the Minnesota game and the defensive players only meeting I'm guessing the team comes out a little more fired up. I have us getting our 7th win 34-17. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!

Since the fast starts haven't amounted to much (MD & MN games) The offence stalls on the opening drive and panic sets in when Illinois gets the ball and burns us on a jet sweep but we hold them to a FG and then proceed to route them 41-13.

30-27 3ot's, and some how we kick a game winning fg on a 4th & 22 into the wind off the crossbar....KF jumps for joy and life is good again in Iowa City and throughout HN....

"Oh, Honey, time to get up and get ready for work."

"Jeez, I had the weirdest dream that Iowa won in 3ot's"

Uffda, it must've been that mexican I had last night.....:eek:.....Go Hawks...

Iowa defense can't stop anyone and will continue to make opposing QB's look like Heisman winners. Lunt will have a big day on a broken leg. Hopefully the offense can keep up.

The transitive property of football doesn't hold under all conditions, but when your next opponent beat the opponent that continuous-clocked you last week... I think it holds.

Illinois wins 35 - 14 -- more bad defense against a good QB at home, and the Hawks can't get the run going.

Guess I'll go with Iowa in a close game: 31-24

I suppose it's just the would-be optimist in me talking, but in truth, I really don't know what to expect. I think Iowa will play better than last week, but that's not saying much. Question is whether it will be enough to win. They couldn't play as bad as last week... Could they?

I see it going fairly similar to the Purdue game where Iowa finally takes charge in the 4th quarter, but Iowa even fell behind 10-0 @Purdue IIRC. They can't afford to dig an early hole again this Saturday, because this time, there might not be a comeback.

RANKING WITHIN BIG to date

Illinois - #14 in total defense
Illiniois - #14 in rushing defense
Illinois - #13 rushing offense

Iowa - #2 in pass defense

I'm going with these particular stats to be key to an Iowa win .........Iowa 34 Illinois 17.

Iowa will score 50 and will all leave us thinking WTF. Proving once again that Iowa has plenty of talent at every position other than coach.

I think it depends entirely on the first half. If Iowa comes right out punches Illinios in the mouth and domintates the Illini will fade away and wilt just like Iowa did at Minny. Give the Illini hope, let them stay in the game, then we end up losing a close one I think.

Illinois is hungry and focused. Iowa looks like they just dropped the soap in the shower.

I'd like to give two sets of scores:

Team that played Northwestern: 42
Illinois: 14

and

Team that played Minnesota: 14
Illinois: 42

Your guess is as good as mine who shows up. As good as KF's presser was on Tuesday...can you imagine what it will be like if they lose to Illinois. Wow...he may just not answer any questions...and just make a statement.

The team that resides 242 miles from the other wins. Mediocrity!!!!

Iowa arrives at Kinnick. Illinois arrives at Kinnick. Blood is spilled. Fan will cry/rejoice. Ferentz will still be coach. Iowa by a head-scratcher.

31-17 Iowa. But the hawks give up a lot of passing yards.

Nevermind. Illinois will score 28

Iowa will score between 30 and 35.

Latest posts