IOWA-Illinois game prediction

Illannoy will be the last win of the season. It will be frustratingly close. Jake will be ho hum to oh God! and CJ still won't play. He won't lose the game but he won't win it, either. Fortunately, the OL and Weisman regain some pride and are able to pound it out in the 4th quarter.

I'll go with 23 - 19 on a late Weisman touchdown and, without any timeouts, Illannoy's desparation heave is picked off by Lomax as time expires - whew!

If it were 2 relevant teams, this would be an instant classic. Given the current conditions, it's gonna feel like Ball State. Sure, it's a W but it's mostly a frightening reminder of how impotent the program has become. Not to mention how badly Gordon / Clemont and "Fear" will embarrass the Hawks to finish the regular season.

I am a Fan in the true sense of the word. The Hawks, after such an embarrassing performance should come out and suffocate Illinois...and teams of past would do just that. Because I am in the camp that while KF made some coaching changes....he did or has not changed his philosophy in any REAL sense. So, I have to say the best thing for this program would be to lose its remaining games. Then follow it up with a stinker again next year and then we can say adios to KF and GB.

27-13 Iowa

Similar to the Purdue game, Iowa controls it, not pretty, stereotypical BIG football.....Don't be surprised if Iowa only has a 3 or 4 point lead at halftime.

I'd like to give two sets of scores:

Team that played Northwestern: 42
Illinois: 14

and

Team that played Minnesota: 14
Illinois: 42

Your guess is as good as mine who shows up. As good as KF's presser was on Tuesday...can you imagine what it will be like if they lose to Illinois. Wow...he may just not answer any questions...and just make a statement.

Well played...also, just a statement out of anger would be an improvement.

I believe based on the KF "feel heat = play better" syndrome, that we will see CJ at some point (probably the wrong point, but I digress...), and the Hawks win 31-17.

I may see it, but I am torn about maybe going out in the single digit temps and doing some yard work, or maybe even a round of golf!

27-13 Iowa

Similar to the Purdue game, Iowa controls it, not pretty, stereotypical BIG football.....Don't be surprised if Iowa only has a 3 or 4 point lead at halftime.

Actually, I probably will be surprised if Iowa has a 3-4 point lead at halftime!

Illannoy will be the last win of the season. It will be frustratingly close. Jake will be ho hum to oh God! and CJ still won't play. He won't lose the game but he won't win it, either. Fortunately, the OL and Weisman regain some pride and are able to pound it out in the 4th quarter.

I'll go with 23 - 19 on a late Weisman touchdown and, without any timeouts, Illannoy's desparation heave is picked off by Lomax as time expires - whew!

If it were 2 relevant teams, this would be an instant classic. Given the current conditions, it's gonna feel like Ball State. Sure, it's a W but it's mostly a frightening reminder of how impotent the program has become. Not to mention how badly Gordon / Clemont and "Fear" will embarrass the Hawks to finish the regular season.

** DO OVER! **

1) Just a sense ... something about post-Minny gives me the feeling KirkFer, G.d.G.D. and the team aren't gonna rebound from it.
2) Since you can only give one per post, another chance for that crazy ol' coot, Hawknick, to thumb me down.

Similar scenario, down by 3, 5 minutes to go, Ott forces a fumble that LTP recovers at the Hawks 45. Despite Weisman averaging 4.4 ypc on the day and going for 105 yards, that offensive o.c. figures, field position, monumental deficit, of course you have to throw it to win. Two batted down passes and a dump to Bullock for 2 seals it for Illannoy, who pours some gravy on a demoralized defense.

Final score ... Illannoy 29 - hawks 20.

Iowa wins 27-21. Illinois weakness in the run game will mask our weakness at LB.

Last edited:
Iowa 31 Illinois 21

Gives just enough hope that Wisky and Nebby are decent chances.

I watched the game, then I read the statistics. It was as if those were two different games. If you told me those stats before the game i would have been absolutely excited to sit down and watch this overwhelming performance. But as I watched the game....I just sorta watched....didn't seem all that visually spectacular.

anyone else have that?

Latest posts