Iowa HWT Recruit: Sam Stoll best wrestler out of Minnesota??

WOW! WOW! WOW! Can't wait for him to put on a Hawkeye uniform! As I've said about Ramos, wish we had 10 Sam Stoll's in our lineup. Maybe I'll change, and like watching heavyweights when Stoll is on the mat.

I went up to Minnesota this past weekend and I really didn't get to see much because he pinned every damn kid. Great to see a super aggressive HWT coming to Iowa.

Lots of great talent from Minnesota looking Iowa's way.

It is unbelievable. I know that you don't have tons of really talented hvys so I'm sure he pinned his fair share of puds, but I'm also sure every pud he wrestled was just trying not to get pinned!

When Telford first broke into the line up he was a fun hvy to watch too.

Telford is a junior. Normally i would say no Sam cant beat Telford but i remember a young Freshman Telford beating a senior Blake Rasing out for the spot. It wont matter. Stoll will redshirt while Bob is a senior next year.

All eyes now on Brady Berge, he is teammate of Sam Stoll. His brother Broc Berge committed to Iowa last season. Brady Berge finished 50-0 and won 145 State Title as a Freshman.

Berge in Blue:

[video=youtube;_ugXat_6C7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ugXat_6C7g[/video]

Last edited:
Awesome to see indeed. Just wish we didn't have to go to Minny to get elite recruits. Hopefully Iowa HS picks it up.

Pinnin the number two ranked college wrassler while in hs? Wow

He stuck a possible NCAA champion? Don't tell me he won't be in the mix to wrassle for the Hawks next season.

I live in the Rochester area and see wrestling highlights from the area on the news almost every night. When Sam is on the news, its like a broken record, he bear hugs his guy and puts him to his back less than a minute in, and its all over.

He stuck a possible NCAA champion? Don't tell me he won't be in the mix to wrassle for the Hawks next season.

I live in the Rochester area and see wrestling highlights from the area on the news almost every night. When Sam is on the news, its like a broken record, he bear hugs his guy and puts him to his back less than a minute in, and its all over.

Yeah, the link says he pinned bitcigans heavyweight who is/was ranked number two.

Minny signed a HWT in last year's class so they didn't have room for this year at the same weight.

Agree. Michael Kroells is a very talented Freshman Hwt who will fill in nicely for Nelson next season. It also helped the Hawks that Stoll's HS wrestling coach is Jamie Heidt who was a former Hawk wrestler himself.

Latest posts