Iowa Hoops Will Be Better Than You Think - PART FIVE (Strength)

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
resize.php

Part FIVE is up:
http://www.hawkeyenation.com/basketball/iowa-hoops-will-be-better-part-v-strength

If you missed the other articles in the series, here are they are:

PART ONE - YEAR THREE
PART TWO - MATT GATENS
PART THREE - Mr. Davis AND EUROPE
PART FOUR - ANTHONY TUCKER
PART FIVE - STRENGTH

Parts 6-8 to follow...

Hope Cole's knees can take the extra 30-35 pounds. He really didn't seem too slim the last two years when we've seem him at Carver. Thirty pounds sounds like a lot.

Hope Cole's knees can take the extra 30-35 pounds. He really didn't seem too slim the last two years when we've seem him at Carver. Thirty pounds sounds like a lot.

That 30 lbs was added over 2+ years though. If you look at him now, he looks a bit more cut. He's toned up a lot and looks ready to go to work. From everything I have heard, Cole is as close to 100% as he has ever been.

I'm on board Spank. I'm really excited about Iowa basketball. I think this team can make a push at a tournament bid and I see Iowa BB on the rise and can't wait til next year and the year after.

I think Anthony Tucker is going to show everyone the premier ability he has.

I fully expect Cole to have a good season this year. At the end of the year last year he was really crashing the boards, and I expect that to continue this upcoming season. I think we will see a jump in points and rebounds for him this year.

I'm also wondering who will turn into the go to guy for the Hawks this year. Last year they seemed to be missing one all season, until the end when Kelly started going off. I guess I'm hoping Gatens or Tucker fills that position earlier in the season than when we seemed to fill it last year. I think they needed someone they could go to when the offense was struggling for points last year because those droughts where they wouldn't make any baskets for long periods of time were just frustrating.

Kind of who it though. Really was one of the biggest fails in HN history. Still get a massive kick out of number 4.

hmmm..... interesting.

Lick just couldn't keep guys around. Things may have worked out differently had guys enjoyed playing for him and stuck around. However, you cant win if you can't keep a team together.

Every part of this series needs to be bumped and stickied. Just to remind us all how bad it used to be where spank had to do a series to convince us all that "Be Better Than You Think".

Player retention really killed Lickliter. That one year before Jake Kelly left Iowa actually looked like they were on the verge of getting pretty decent (it was similar to this year, but not as good). Then four players left, and Lickliter had to scramble to replace them. He was pretty much a dead man walking at that point.

Latest posts