Iowa Hoops under the radar

FirstDownHawkeyes

Iowa hoops is so under the radar this year which is just perfect. They are going to be so much better than anyone not an Iowa fan thinks. Having the football team playing for an historic season is taking all the heat off locally, letting them all focus without distractions on campus from any hype. The national and even regional pundits are delusional to think this senior laden team with years and years of starting experience is 44th in the nation and 9th in the B1G. This is a top 25 team and top 5 in the B1G. The FB team isn't going to be the only one to exceed expectations and play themselves into an historic season. This is fun. Go Hawks!

I've had the same thoughts recently. Iowa is at home under the radar, but I don't expect we'll remain unnoticed for long. Uthoff, Gesell, Clemmons and Woody in combination with a rotation of young talent is going to blow teams out.

I've had the same thoughts recently. Iowa is at home under the radar, but I don't expect we'll remain unnoticed for long. Uthoff, Gesell, Clemmons and Woody in combination with a rotation of young talent is going to blow teams out.

If Jok can really bring it this year along with the experience around him then we are in for a treat. Gesell is no slouch either. There should be ample enough senior and Junior experience to really carry the team.

Iowa hoops is so under the radar this year which is just perfect. They are going to be so much better than anyone not an Iowa fan thinks. Having the football team playing for an historic season is taking all the heat off locally, letting them all focus without distractions on campus from any hype. The national and even regional pundits are delusional to think this senior laden team with years and years of starting experience is 44th in the nation and 9th in the B1G. This is a top 25 team and top 5 in the B1G. The FB team isn't going to be the only one to exceed expectations and play themselves into an historic season. This is fun. Go Hawks!

Totally agree. We return essentially 3 senior starters, 1 junior starter, and 1 senior part-time starter. Add all the athletic incoming talent and we're definitely finishing in the Top 25.

PLUS unknowns of 6 newcomers, surely, one or two surprises from those bunch. Just 2+ weeks away until exhibition game, exciting year!

I hope you guys are right. The Big Ten is going to be loaded again this year. Seems as though everyone has recruited well and while we trust Coach McCaffery to find the undervalued kids and develop them, it may take some time with this young group. Wouldn't surprise me to see us finish anywhere from 5th to 10th. The real keys to a high finish will be our seniors having above average years and Jok and Uhl stepping up big time.

I hope you guys are right. The Big Ten is going to be loaded again this year. Seems as though everyone has recruited well and while we trust Coach McCaffery to find the undervalued kids and develop them, it may take some time with this young group. Wouldn't surprise me to see us finish anywhere from 5th to 10th. The real keys to a high finish will be our seniors having above average years and Jok and Uhl stepping up big time.

The B1G is absolutely stacked from top to bottom with easy wins few and far between. That significantly favors senior kaden teams like Iowa who have been there and weathered the storm. It favors even more teams that have experienced senior guards and Iowa has 2. I agree Iowa's final place in the standing could vary widely BUT I'd be far more surprised to see them 10th than 3rd. I agree with the range of placing finish but with a 4 place shift to the better. I'd say they could finish anywhere between 2nd and 7th. Outside of that would surprise me.

I agree. I had mentioned Jok in another thread. I had forgotten about Uhl. He looked really good last season. I've heard he has bulked up too. Those two both have the ability to be dynamic players as both can light it up from the outside and have explosive capabilities attacking the basket. Dang, I feel like a guy who is starving and just walked into a Golden Corral. :)

how tough does the B10 look on paper when hoping this quality team finishes top 5 in confc play?

The B1G is extremely deep, and some talented teams at the top in Maryland, Indiana (thankfully Crean can't coach) and Michigan State. Other teams that will make the tournament are Michigan, Purdue and Wisconsin. I think Iowa is slightly underrated, but I don't expect a top 3 finish either.

If you can't get a 5 star or two, I'll take a group led by seniors who have been through the battles. Go Hawks.