Iowa Hoops Through 11 Games Then and Now

I don't miss Gatens shooting
take out Oglesby and his 17-52 from 3 and the % goes up, add in 3-18 out of White
Marble went 0-7 in his previous 2 games then he goes 4-9 from 3 against UNI for 44.4% for 30 points
Marble is avg 15..1 ppg vs Gatens 15.2 ppg
Marble is avg'ing 43.8 % from the field
Gatens avg'd 46.9 % from the field

Sooooo you don't miss our best shooter but point out the poor shooting of his replacement is a big reason why we aren't shooting it well.

take out Oglesby and his 17-52 from 3 and the % goes up, add in 3-18 out of White
Marble went 0-7 in his previous 2 games then he goes 4-9 from 3 against UNI for 44.4% for 30 points

Serious question here... you must have been in the hospital for the entire month of Feburary last year cause ummm... yea you would miss Gatens

As much as I am looking forward to seeing how the rest of this year plays out, I can't help but think ahead to next year as Iowa adds Uthoff and Jok and loses only May.

Trust me on this it is going to take the NBA people telling Devyn Marble to go back to school for one more year for him to be at Iowa. I hope he returns but as far as he is concerned right now this is his swan song...

Then there's the B1G rattling Iowa's cage...
Iowa will be NIT bound again this year.

EDIT: If Marble wants to go pro after this year, he'd better shore up his bad defense and propensity to hog the ball.

Come on redhawk. Gatens was THE reason Iowa made the post season. Without him last year might have ranked barely ahead of lick's three teams.

I don't think I've ever noticed Marble hogging the ball. There are times where he has tried to break down defenders and create his own shot. But I'm ok with this because he has the ability to do it.

So Gatens' replacement as 3-point sniper is the primary reason for the poor shooting as a team? And you don't miss Gatens? Not that you haven't sealed the deal before, but you are a certifiable loony.

And it's pointless to consider ppg between Marble and Gatens right now. Gatens average over 19 ppg in Big Ten play last year. One would expect averages to decrease as the competition steps up. Maybe Marble's won't, but we don't know the answer to that yet. So saying he's successfully replaced Gatens is ludicrous at this point.

Using Marble as a replacement for Gatens makes no sense because Marble was on the team last year too.

good job and keep doing what you always do and don't let Ghost scare you or anyone else. your brotha blue

Fans are repaying the upgrade in the program with an increase in attendance - up over 2,000 per game, nearly 20% bump. Build it and they will come.

herby doesn't miss Gatens and thinks Olaseni would average nearly a double-double as a true frosh.

Facts is facts, ya'll.

We need to work on TOs and TO margin. A couple of possessions a game could mean a lot in the B10 this year.

Serious question here... you must have been in the hospital for the entire month of Feburary last year cause ummm... yea you would miss Gatens

Well if you missed that part and only saw the other 95% percent of his career you would think he was pretty overrated for a guy who shot %37 from 3

Latest posts