Iowa Hoops: Are they matching up to your expectations

If Fran can continue to improve this team it is amazing the change in attitude about Hawkeye Basketball. Last yr all you heard about was Iowa is a football school and their basketball program is dead, a lot can change in 1 yr.

For those who were predicting a better record by this point in the season, where/how did you see Iowa getting it with a new coach, staff, last year's departures and the addition of a juco transfer and three other brand new players? :confused:

This. I think that if Iowa finishes 8-4 no one can say they are not impressed. There are obviously areas that we need to work on, but the transformation has been really good so far. I can't wait to see where we are at the end of the year.

For those who were predicting a better record by this point in the season, where/how did you see Iowa getting it with a new coach, staff, last year's departures and the addition of a juco transfer and three other brand new players? :confused:

Actually now I disagree with you. We were better than Wake Forest and LBSU and had a chance with SDSU. If we win two of those we're looking at 7-2.

That's why this team has exceeded my expectations even though I thought they'd be 5-4 now. They've clearly improved as the season has gone on and they were better than teams that I wouldn't have thought before the season (Alabama, Wake, UNI)

Latest posts