Iowa has the most wins over Top 25 teams in the country (5)

but what I won't admit is that today's Net rankings being the same as yesterday,
And the NET rankings are not the same, they're very different every night there's games played. What I was saying the whole time had to do with the quantity of Q1 games.

What you're suggesting could have been possible if Minnesota had moved itself over one of the dividing lines between Quads when it lost to Purdue. But it didn't. There's no fancy math or complication to it.

Minnesota is not close to any of the dividing lines for Q1, 2, 3, or 4, in either home, neutral, or road games.

The quadrant for any team's game against Minnesota did not change last night. I don't know how else to say it. No teams had their MN game jump or fall into a different quad last night because Minnesota itself did not change quad status in any of the categories I mentioned above.

Also any one of those games listed might have pushed up their NET ranking enough to drop an Iowa opponent out. It's probably pretty easy to get to get to the bottom of. Look at the ranking and see if an Iowa opponent is barely out of quad 1 status. If they are, they could have easily been barely a quad 1 yesterday.
I'm already bored of this, but like say, let's take Missouri as an example. On Wednesday morning, they were 24th - by Thursday they were 34th with a loss. That changed everyone who played them from Q1 to Q2 depending on where it was. They didn't play yesterday. And who knows when I looked at the net at 11 am on Thursday. Was I looking at Tuesday's net? Or Wednesday's net? I could have been looking at Tuesday's because maybe Wednesdays wasn't out at that time? I typically use NCAAA or the Nitty Gritty.

Either way, I can admit that I am wrong, could have looked at it wrong but to come in with a completely different days worth of data and try and prove your point is just completely dumb on so many levels.

Either way, I can admit that I am wrong, could have looked at it wrong but to come in with a completely different days worth of data and try and prove your point is just completely dumb on so many levels.
Oh this is completely dumb, don't get me wrong. It's a slow Friday working from home and I have most of my emails taken care of already.

Between this and the people in the Chris Doyle threads fuming mad because they can't get sound off about it on the sports boards, I'm having as much fun as a guy can have sober.

I'm already bored of this, but like say, let's take Missouri as an example. On Wednesday morning, they were 24th - by Thursday they were 34th with a loss. That changed everyone who played them from Q1 to Q2 depending on where it was. They didn't play yesterday. And who knows when I looked at the net at 11 am on Thursday. Was I looking at Tuesday's net? Or Wednesday's net? I could have been looking at Tuesday's because maybe Wednesdays wasn't out at that time? I typically use NCAAA or the Nitty Gritty.

You're right here, even if you were wrong. And Fry is wrong, even if he is right. If Iowa was getting credit for a quad 1 team who was sitting in the last quad 1 spot, then someone else jumped them, that means they are now in the top quad 2 spot without even playing. That also means Iowa has one less quad 1 game. If they did indeed have one more quad 1 game the day before, that means Maryland, Kansas, and OSU had more. You already admitted to missing Maryland. That leaves Kansas. It's possible you missed them too. It's also possible the team that jumped into the quad 1 spot (knocking one of Iowa's opponents out) was an opponent of Kansas. That would have killed 2 birds with one stone making what you said factually true one day ago. All because one team moved up in the NET one spot, knocking another team down.

A good friend of mine is a therapist. Advice he often passes along... “would you rather be right, or would you rather be happy.”

How about both. No one here is angry unless @InGoodCo is, and doubt that.
Sometimes it gets to be one or the other. I don’t think you or Good are angry . I toss this advice at my three adult kids periodically just to annoy them. That was my purpose with this post.

If Weis and CJ perform we go beyond the sweet 16. I have given up on a consistent JBo. We need Weis and CJ. If JBo scores it is frosting on the cake.

Sorry, not picking on you because you're far from the only person I've heard say this, but I have to set the record straight on this.

What you (and others) are seeing is reduced usage. Iowa is a deeper, more diversified offensive team today than it was in Jordan's first few seasons when we were in a position where we were highly dependent on Jordan to put up points and make clutch shots at the end of games. Being deeper and more diversified is a good thing.

Jordan is a really good college role player, but I think a lot of Iowa fans got the idea he was a star. He never was. He has always been a spot up 3 point shooter and a solid assist guy and he's consistently filled that role to a high standard.

Look at his in-conference numbers over his career. Note this disregards last season, his "first Sr year", if you will. He only played two conference games last season anyways.

2017:
ORtg: 110.7
Poss %: 18.4
Shot %: 19.1
eFG%: 53.2%
Assist Rate: 27.0 (7th in B10)

2018:
ORtg: 121.0 (9th in B10)
Poss %: 19.9
Shot %: 20.4
eFG%: 57.3%
Assist Rate: 29.2 (5th in B10)

2019:
ORtg: 114.9 (9th in B10)
Poss %: 19.6
Shot %: 19.6
eFG%: 51.4%
Assist Rate: 21.2 (10th in B10)

2021 (to date):
ORtg: 132.9 (2nd in B10)
Poss %: 16.6
Shot %: 17.2
eFG%: 64.3% (6th in B10)
Assist Rate: 25.1

His current Assist Rate is good for 11th in the B10, by the way. Oh, and he's also been a ~90% FT shooter over his career. He's shooting close to 92% in B10 games this year. And we're talking about a team where this guy is our third best scoring option (behind Luka and Wieskamp).

He's had a couple bad games (Gonzaga, ORtg of 32, and the first Indiana game, ORtg of 16) but, outside of those, his performances have been consistently solid-to-outstanding. If anything, for a player so reliant on the 3 point shot for his offensive production/rating, I think he's been remarkably consistent.

This team is not without problems, but Jordan is not one of them. Realistically, on the offensive end at least, I'm not sure what more people could want from him. I suspect he's just a convenient target - he's more worried about his podcast and playing Fortnite than he is about being a D1 basketball player, etc. It's all criminally silly. He's having the best (offensive) year of his career, but his usage is down because we have more options.

Just my 2 cents. It's too bad Jordan is likely to go down in the minds of a fairly good sized % of the fan base as a player who got worse as his career went on, because that's really not true.

I am one has always said JBo should be our 6th man. By consistency, I mean Scoring 19 one night and going 0-9 another. I know what JBo and in memriy he never had swings like this in his accuracy. Im sure the hip surgery plays a part as well.

Latest posts