Iowa has the most wins over Top 25 teams in the country (5)

March is all that matters for this team. Make the sweet 16 and no one gives a shit you had a dip in the middle of the year. Iowa needs to play for a top 3 seed

If Weis and CJ perform we go beyond the sweet 16. I have given up on a consistent JBo. We need Weis and CJ. If JBo scores it is frosting on the cake.

There's only 1 team in the country with more games against Q1 opponents and that's TOSU. If Indiana can figure out a way to keep climbing that would be ideal.

There's only 1 team in the country with more games against Q1 opponents and that's TOSU. If Indiana can figure out a way to keep climbing that would be ideal.
Indiana can make a real statement this weekend if they can go into Columbus and win.

That's why we haven't dropped further despite 6 losses. Lots of quality wins.

The losses have been to the #1, #4, #6 teams in the country, a Minnesota team that was in the Top 25 and then there's 2 to Indiana who is surging. Disappointing, but nothing to be embarrassed about.

That's why we haven't dropped further despite 6 losses. Lots of quality wins.

The losses have been to the #1, #4, #6 teams in the country, a Minnesota team that was in the Top 25 and then there's 2 to Indiana who is surging. Disappointing, but nothing to be embarrassed about.
Yup.

March is all that matters for this team. Make the sweet 16 and no one gives a shit you had a dip in the middle of the year. Iowa needs to play for a top 3 seed
BTN's Mike DeCourcey has us currently as a #5 seed.

BTN's Mike DeCourcey has us currently as a #5 seed.
He's going to feel really silly when we are a top 3 seed on Saturday when the NCAA drops their early seeding. They use the Net, which currently has Iowa a 2 seed. Even if they try and punish them for bad play as of late, what's the worth a seed line?

Nope.

There are 8 teams with more Q1 games than Iowa, and 6 other teams that have the same amount of Q1 games as Iowa.

View attachment 7482
Yeah I pulled mine right from the Net rankings yesterday am (and that was yesterday, these #'s move daily depending on how teams do around the country, which you of all people should know)

So today's #'s are different then yesterdays

I did however miss Maryland because they are so far down the rankings.

www.ncaa.com

Yeah I pulled mine right from the Net rankings yesterday am (and that was yesterday, these #'s move daily depending on how teams do around the country, which you of all people should know)

So today's #'s are different then yesterdays

I did however miss Maryland because they are so far down the rankings.

www.ncaa.com
Still nope. :)

My list from this morning is unchanged from yesterday morning with the exception of Minnesota. They moved from 9 Q1 games to 10.

Maryland didn't play last night.

Kansas played a Q4 (ISU at home).

OSU didn't play last night.

Minnesota played a Q1 (Purdue at home).

NW didn't play last night.

Purdue played a Q2 (Minnesota on the road).

Rutgers didn't play last night.

West Virginia didn't play last night.

Illinois didn't play last night.

Indiana didn't play last night.

Iowa didn't play last night.

Kentucky didn't play last night.

Oklahoma didn't play last night.

Oklahoma State didn't play last night.

Texas Tech didn't play last night.

Last edited:
Still nope. :)

My list from this morning is unchanged from yesterday morning with the exception of Minnesota. They moved from 9 Q1 games to 10.

Maryland didn't play last night.

Kansas played a Q4 (ISU at home).

OSU didn't play last night.

Minnesota played a Q1 (Purdue at home).

NW didn't play last night.

Purdue played a Q2 (Minnesota on the road).

Rutgers didn't play last night.

West Virginia didn't play last night.

Illinois didn't play last night.

Indiana didn't play last night.

Iowa didn't play last night.

Kentucky didn't play last night.

Oklahoma didn't play last night.

Oklahoma State didn't play last night.

Texas Tech didn't play last night.
You realize them not playing last night had absolutely no bearing on their q1 games right buddy?

You realize them not playing last night had absolutely no bearing on their q1 games right buddy?
Exactly. You said nobody other than OSU had more Q1 games than Iowa.

Then I gave you a list of a whole bunch of teams that did.

Then you said your info was from yesterday’s NET ranking and that a lot changes day to day.

So I demonstrated that only one team in my list (Minnesota) played a Q1 game last night (which falls between yesterday and today), and henceforth as of yesterday morning—when you said you got your info—there were still a whole bunch of teams with more or as many Q1 games as Iowa, right buddy?

My list looked exactly the same when you got your data except for Minnesota which went from 9 to 10 Q1 games

Exactly. You said nobody other than OSU had more Q1 games than Iowa.

Then I gave you a list of a whole bunch of teams that do.

Then you said your info was from yesterday’s NET ranking and that a lot changes day to day.

So I demonstrated that only one team in my list played a Q1 game last night (which falls between yesterday and today), and henceforth as of yesterday morning—when you said you got your info—there were still a whole bunch of teams with more or as many Q1 games as Iowa, right buddy?
But a team doesn’t have to play last night in order for a game to go Q1. Iowa could not play for 2 weeks, and based off what their opponents do and what their opponents opponents do, that effects their Q1 status. This isn’t that new of systems. I did miss Maryland tho.

But a team doesn’t have to play last night in order for a game to go Q1. Iowa could not play for 2 weeks, and based off what their opponents do and what their opponents opponents do, that effects their Q1 status.
Right, but no games that were played last night had any effect on Q1 games of the teams I listed. That's what I'm trying to tell you. You're talking yourself in circles. Maybe you looked at the wrong column or something.

Here, I'll spell it out...here are all Feb 11 games (last night) in P6 basketball:

SEC - No games played

ACC - No games played

B12 - ISU @ Kansas (Q4 game)

B10 - Purdue @ Minnesota (Q1 game which I mentioned above)

Big East - No games played

Pac12 -

USC @ Washington - no effect to any team on the list
Utah @ Cal - no effect to anyone on the list
Colorado @ Stanford - no effect to anyone on the list
Oregon State @ Arizona - no effect to anyone on the list
Oregon @ ASU - no effect to anyone on the list
UCLA @ Washington State - no effect to anyone on the list

No other conference games outside P6 had any bearing on the list either in case anyone's wondering.

Bottom line is, no game in Division 1 NCAA basketball played last night, had any effect whatsoever to the teams on that list with the exception of Minnesota adding a Q1 game against Perdue. So nothing changed from when you said you got your info until now (except, of course, Minnesota)

Latest posts