Iowa has now underachieved 6 of the last 7 seasons

RocknRollface

Thats the truth.

Outside of one crazy season where we should have lost to UNI and Indiana we have underachieved every year since 04.

Think about that.

Im done supporting this staff.

They won't do what it takes to win, and they can't keep a team focused or motivated.

How did we underachieve in 2008? And 2006 we had JC as QB and we won games. That's overachieving in my opinion. And I don't see how we underachieved this year, we weren't supposed to be that good. We're about where we were expected.

Time for Ferentz to get another raise I would say. Remember we used to be terrible 40 years ago.

Isn't that how pro-Ferentz argument goes?

We're trending downward outside of one season since 2004-- doesn't matter how you dice it the evidence is there.

How did we underachieve in 2008? And 2006 we had JC as QB and we won games. That's overachieving in my opinion. And I don't see how we underachieved this year, we weren't supposed to be that good. We're about where we were expected.

2005, terrible losses to NW, ISU and Michigan

2006 was not JC, it was Tates last year. Iowa totally imploded on itself. Again a bunch of terrible losses to the likes of NW and Indiana.

2007 loss to western michigan at home

2008 was one of the most talented teams Iowa will ever field and they found a way to lose 4 games that they had absolutely no buissnes losing.

2009 the aberration, and even then we had the b10 championship in our grasp and politely handed it back to OSU

2010 biggest underachievement in Iowa history.

2011 offense has lost of weapons and the potential to be very good and yet we can't do anything on the road. Loss to a team that lost a to a d2 team.

Words to characterize Iowa in this time period would be, talented, uptight, unnecessarily conservative, generally emotionless and consistently out of sync on offense. Underachieving.

I don't think individual games should be used as evidence that the team underachieved for the whole season when there were games where the team overachieved as well.

I don't think individual games should be used as evidence that the team underachieved for the whole season when there were games where the team overachieved as well.

If it was just one season I would agree with you. But its not.

Matter of fact I don't believe there have been many games where Iowa overachieved.

PSU 08, Michigan this year? There aren't to many. There are allot of awful losses.

If it was just one season I would agree with you. But its not.

Matter of fact I don't believe there have been many games where Iowa overachieved.

PSU 08, Michigan this year? There aren't to many. There are allot of awful losses.

Depends upon how you define overachieved. I think the argument could be made for the win at Wisconsin in 05, the win vs Illinois in 07, the majority of 09 (for a team that almost lost to UNI to then have the run they did is overachieving big time in my opinion), the win vs MSU in 2010, the bowl game last year and the win vs Michigan this year.

Depends upon how you define overachieved. I think the argument could be made for the win at Wisconsin in 05, the win vs Illinois in 07, the majority of 09 (for a team that almost lost to UNI to then have the run they did is overachieving big time in my opinion), the win vs MSU in 2010, the bowl game last year and the win vs Michigan this year.

Yes it does. Example ISU last Friday thats overachieving.

IMO Iowa should have been blowing out the majority of its opponents in 2009 with a team that was loaded with talent.

If we can go in to PSU, Wisconsin MSU and OSU and look as good if not better than them, games against UNI Indiana ect should not ever be close.

When you consistently play down to poor competition it is the definition of underachieving. Iowa does this and its not disputable.

Yes it does. Example ISU last Friday thats overachieving.

IMO Iowa should have been blowing out the majority of its opponents in 2009 with a team that was loaded with talent.

If we can go in to PSU, Wisconsin MSU and OSU and look as good if not better than them, games against UNI Indiana ect should not ever be close.

When you consistently play down to poor competition it is the definition of underachieving. Iowa does this and its not disputable.

They do quite often, I don't disagree with this.

My things is, in Ferentz's worst years we win 6 games and while that's not spectacular, that's consistency that other programs would love to have. I would love to have a coach that gets us 9-10 wins every year though going after that coach is risky and the odds of finding a coach that gets us there is low, though not impossible.

You fire Ferentz you are gambling near guaranteed bowl games every year for the hope that we hit a big jack pot (BCS Bowls, title game etc) when the likely hood is that we'd be the same program we are now or worse. The other thing with Kirk is that he can develop players pretty well and that's an asset that you don't want to give up too easily.

I would like a new Offensive Coordinator as someone who utilizes the talent better on offense could help in preventing the playing down to teams. I'd like to see someone who values possessions more and values getting them as much as possible because it's hard to score when you don't have too many chances to do so.

2005, terrible losses to NW, ISU and Michigan

2006 was not JC, it was Tates last year. Iowa totally imploded on itself. Again a bunch of terrible losses to the likes of NW and Indiana.

2007 loss to western michigan at home

2008 was one of the most talented teams Iowa will ever field and they found a way to lose 4 games that they had absolutely no buissnes losing.

2009 the aberration, and even then we had the b10 championship in our grasp and politely handed it back to OSU

2010 biggest underachievement in Iowa history.

2011 offense has lost of weapons and the potential to be very good and yet we can't do anything on the road. Loss to a team that lost a to a d2 team.

Words to characterize Iowa in this time period would be, talented, uptight, unnecessarily conservative, generally emotionless and consistently out of sync on offense. Underachieving.

The under achievement is solely on the offense, and has been for the last 10 years. Our offense is everything quoted above. We need serious changes on offense. First, you have to have a qb who can move and be a serious threat to RUN for a first down. Do we purposely recruit slow, nonathletic qb's? It looks like that; at least we won't play someone who doesn't trip over his own feet. Even a conservative would think we were conservative. The offense is hardly watchable at times

Latest posts