Iowa Grudge Match

I'd be more inclined to say Penn State at Iowa.

I think they had their grudge match last year and they lost. For Iowa I would put the obvious NW and OSU, although I think Wisc has us circled on their calendar for sure.

I think every big10 team is gonna be out for some black n' gold blood this season, besides tOSU, and NW of course... Iowa IS the team to beat this year.

The national attention is great, but I doubt very many Hawk fans have circled this game on their calendars. Yes we need to take care of NW, but we have bigger fish to fry.

The national attention is great, but I doubt very many Hawk fans have circled this game on their calendars. Yes we need to take care of NW, but we have bigger fish to fry.

That's what Penn state fans say every year before losing to Iowa. NW scares me every season. They have the hawks' number.

That's what Penn state fans say every year before losing to Iowa. NW scares me every season. They have the hawks' number.
Good Point, NW scares me too, but I can't say I ever look forward to that game more than any other. You would think I would stop overlooking them. Despite the fact we have more talent and should beat them, the ball always seems to bounce their way, and they find ways to win.

I plan to be there in person when the Hawkeyes kick their butts this year. I encourage 50k Hawk fans to do the same.

On our side, its definitely Northwestern....

On the other side?? How about Michigan St.. The last 3 meetings have gone down to the final play with Iowa winning 2 of 3.

Grudges are for losers who wallow in the past.

If you're not motivated by the present you're already screwed. Ask Penn State.

NW is exactly who I thought of.

For the exact same reasons PSU would have thought the same about last year's Iowa/PSU game.

Very high expectations were dashed by Iowa and NW in 08, 09 respectively.

NW is exactly who I thought of.

For the exact same reasons PSU would have thought the same about last year's Iowa/PSU game.

Very high expectations were dashed by Iowa and NW in 08, 09 respectively.

I don't think anyone here ever thought Iowa would win their first nine games last year. I certainly didn't.

I honestly think it might be more than slightly mental...our players expect NW to play out of their mins versus us...then it happens...it might not be a conscious thought but it's there...then when stanzi went down they all went "oh crap"

Latest posts