Iowa gets grad transfer from Nevada

<<For crying out loud once a game wouldn't even be too much for plays like that>>

And the other thing is, the play doesn't always have to be "successful" for it to have an effect. Just the knowledge that we will use it can be enough to take that 8th or 9th man out of the box.
Amen. It doesn't have to be a long TD to help set up other plays later. Too often the formations and play calling we ran made us predictable and allowed teams to hug the LOS with their safeties. Running plays like that can get the D flowing the wrong way for even one step or two is all it'd take...

Not really sure which one between Butler and Wadley is the better NFL prospect. They're both probably upper half of the draft prospects.
Just depends on the order of the draft and the team doing the drafting... A team like Carolina that has a Johnathan Stewart was going to go get McCaffery instead of Dalvin Cook. MN may have taken Cook instead of McCaffery if they were drafting from the same slot...Where you end up is more team roster related sometimes than just guessing at what part of what round one goes.

Statistically, AW's numbers may suffer a bit, but I like the idea of have fresh legs in the 4th quarter. I think that can only benefit both players and the offense. I also think it allows for more schemes such as using AK in the slot and etc. Both backs have high motors which is exciting and the hope for more more explosive plays.

I think the only reasonable expectation is AW would touch the ball same amount as last year, and Butler picking up Daniels touches. I only say reasonable expectation as we don't know how much Dad will let Brian open it up.

Statistically, AW's numbers may suffer a bit, but I like the idea of have fresh legs in the 4th quarter. I think that can only benefit both players and the offense. I also think it allows for more schemes such as using AK in the slot and etc. Both backs have high motors which is exciting and the hope for more more explosive plays.
I'd mentioned on another thread that I really don't think the addition of Butler will affect Wadleys total touches. I think his workload was going to be close to 200 plus rushes with or without Butler I don't think he'll get 250 total touches overall. Iowa would have had Young or Toks taking a bunch of touches otherwise. So to me Toks is the one who's going to see the most significant drop in PT. Young may still get some short yardage/goal line work. If Young can block & catch he may play the role DMX had a couple yrs ago...

Not only that, but some times one guy just gets the hot hand, for whatever reason. It would seem either one can be on the field at any given time without any obvious situational shortcoming.

Latest posts