Iowa Football Preview, Prediction: Nemesis Northwestern Up Next

Thanks for the article.

I think taking Northwestern and the points is a lock. This is Northwestern's Rose Bowl.

Hopefully Iowa will start clicking in their warm-up for the Wisconsin game and not overlook a dangerous NW, who seems to have KF's number.

Hopefully Stanley and Brian will be humming...

Hawkeyes looking to end three-game skid against Wildcats:

LINK
Hah Patty Fitz is a little out of touch with technology, Control Alt Delete doesn't restart your computer. Hope he does make a t-shirt so he can look even sillier than he does on the sidelines.

Thanks for the article! Hope we can squeeze this one out, it might be a tight contest.

My hope is that Iowa's offense gets out and just lays it on Northwestern. However, there are couple points against that happening. Actually a lot more than two but here are two; Losing five in a row and homecoming is a big motivation for the Wildcats.

Hah Patty Fitz is a little out of touch with technology, Control Alt Delete doesn't restart your computer. Hope he does make a t-shirt so he can look even sillier than he does on the sidelines.

Thanks for the article! Hope we can squeeze this one out, it might be a tight contest.

Someone needs to explain to Fitz how the system manager screen works. It's Northwestern, half the team can probably explain it to him.

Sorry, but as big of a Hawkeye fan as I am, I am having a hard time seeing how we win this game.

They ran it right down our throats last year, in KINNICK. Bowser is back and healthy, and to stop him, we have two FRESHMEN linebackers? Let’s say it works well enough that we have them 3rd and 5. We all know our CB’s play 7-10 yards off the WR and their first step is back. The WR only has to run to the sticks, where the cushion is still 5+ yards and even a high school QB can deliver that ball.

Last year, there were several times that Fitz ran Bowser on 3rd and 9 ... and still made it.

Fitz knows how to attack the zone stretch. He has seen the miscommunication by our interior OL and I am sure he will Have some stunts and delayed blitzes that we have yet to solve.

The game sounds like it will be in the rain and slop which mitigates any advantage we had in the passing game, and they have a very stout front 7.

I really hope I am wrong, but I think the wrong team is favored. Could be a very frustrating day. NW has a habit of being able to do that to us.

Sorry, but as big of a Hawkeye fan as I am, I am having a hard time seeing how we win this game.

They ran it right down our throats last year, in KINNICK. Bowser is back and healthy, and to stop him, we have two FRESHMEN linebackers? Let’s say it works well enough that we have them 3rd and 5. We all know our CB’s play 7-10 yards off the WR and their first step is back. The WR only has to run to the sticks, where the cushion is still 5+ yards and even a high school QB can deliver that ball.

Last year, there were several times that Fitz ran Bowser on 3rd and 9 ... and still made it.

Fitz knows how to attack the zone stretch. He has seen the miscommunication by our interior OL and I am sure he will Have some stunts and delayed blitzes that we have yet to solve.

The game sounds like it will be in the rain and slop which mitigates any advantage we had in the passing game, and they have a very stout front 7.

I really hope I am wrong, but I think the wrong team is favored. Could be a very frustrating day. NW has a habit of being able to do that to us.

I hope you’re wrong but I suspect you’re not.

so let me get this straight:

Iowa is going to have a hard time beating anybody because they're great and Iowa isn't
and
when Iowa wins or losses it's because we suck
but
the team we just beat or lost to sucks too.

First of all, we only play one freshman LB at a time. Both are not starting together. We still have Norman and Colbert to each side of him. I very much doubt he’s in there when we go to 4-2-5. Bowser is back, but only got 65 yds. against OSU, and probably still is a bit rusty. Our defense is no slouch either. Next, it may rain. It rained last week vs. Purdue, but we still threw the ball. Wasn’t a problem. Their front 7 isn’t as stout of a defense than our defense, which they see everyday in practice. We have already faced some of better defenses already and barely lost. If it wasn’t for Rutgers, NW has the worst offense in the B1G and in the nation.

Latest posts