Iowa Football Practice officially in West Des Moines on 4/14

Why would they not know how many tickets have been given out? That is the point. They are likely putting a finite number of tickets out.

That is exactly my point. If each hyvee store cannot be in contact with each other to know the total number of tickets disbursed then it stands to reason that each store is going to have a certain number of tickets given to them. So what happens when a store runs out of ticktets? do they say "tough ****" go to another store.

I dont know maybe it is just me but it seems like it would be an easy job for a university, that probably gives out Ph Ds in computer science (I know they give out Masters in CS because my son in law got one there), to build a simple web form on the ticket site where you enter your name and address and get a printer friendly page to print off your ticket. And the website would actually be able to keep track of how many tickets have been given out. amazing.

But since I am a tech person with science background and do software development I would look for a simple single source point solution.

That is exactly my point. If each hyvee store cannot be in contact with each other to know the total number of tickets disbursed then it stands to reason that each store is going to have a certain number of tickets given to them. So what happens when a store runs out of ticktets? do they say "tough ****" go to another store.

I dont know maybe it is just me but it seems like it would be an easy job for a university, that probably gives out Ph Ds in computer science (I know they give out Masters in CS because my son in law got one there), to build a simple web form on the ticket site where you enter your name and address and get a printer friendly page to print off your ticket. And the website would actually be able to keep track of how many tickets have been given out. amazing.

But since I am a tech person with science background and do software development I would look for a simple single source point solution.

Or maybe each store got a certain amount, and when they're gone they're gone.

Ummm... I live 2 hours away and have 4 tickets. I'll be there. I don't care about the rules, it's nice that they are coming to DM for those of us farther from IC.
I don't go to many of them, but I don't think you can bring any food or beverages into Valley football games either. Then again, they make money from ticket sales so I could be wrong. The district clearly wants to make some money off of this, even if it only from concessions. Can't blame them.

I live in W. Des Moines and I'll be there. Driving to Iowa City to watch a spring game or practice is something I would never consider doing, but them coming to me changes the equation, and I'll bet I'm not the only person who feels that way.

Your point about tickets is a good one. Someone who lives in Boone or Newton or wherever will have to drive 45 minutes to get one.

ISU fans already making a coordinated effort on CyFan to grab tickets at HyVee and get rid of them just to prevent Iowa fans from getting them.

PARTICIPATING HY-VEE STORE LOCATIONS

(Tickets will be available at the Customer Service Counter no later than 3 p.m., Saturday, April 9)

Altoona

Ankeny

Ankeny Drugstore

Council Bluffs

Des Moines

Des Moines Drugstore

Indianola

Johnston

Pleasant Hill

Sioux City

Urbandale

West Des Moines

West Des Moines Drugstore

Windsor Heights

So if they're all out in the metro, you need to drive to council bluffs or Sioux City. Nice.

I am still undecided as to whether I am painting my face and chest or going with the one piece spandex body suit no face opening. Likely be a practice day decision. Either way, execution will be the key.

Jon

What time is this actually happening? Everything I've seen/read says gates open @ 12, and practice @ 1:30, but on the ticket it says gates open @ 1 and practice @ 2:30? Or do my Hy-Vee give me fake tickets.

Jon

What time is this actually happening? Everything I've seen/read says gates open @ 12, and practice @ 1:30, but on the ticket it says gates open @ 1 and practice @ 2:30? Or do my Hy-Vee give me fake tickets.

My ticket says the same thing and I've been wondering that too. I figure I'll just show up at noon to be safe, but you'd think they'd put to correct time on the ticket. Everywhere else says it starts at 1:30, so I'm guessing the ticket is wrong probably maybe.

Got my four passes on Monday. Hy vee had them thrown in this messy drawer and they didn't even really know where they were, had to go digging for them. Nice

With another 1,000 given away today at Herky's Locker Room. 15,000 people with seating capacity of 8,000. Almost 50% gonna be standing. Better hope you get in front as 7,000 people will be several rows deep.

Latest posts