Iowa Football: Play of the Decade (VOTE!)

What was the best play of the 2000's?

• Stanzi to McNutt

Votes: 25 9.8%
  • Tate to Holloway

Votes: 201 79.1%
  • Greene Spin Cycle vs Wisconsin

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Murray's Kick over Penn State

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Brad Banks to Dallas Clark vs Purdue

Votes: 22 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Without a doubt, Tate to Holloway.

Jon, how about a biggest blown call by the Refs this decade thread. I vote for Greenway's "offsides" against Florida in the 2006 Outback Bowl

Something about the 2002 Penn State game... Up 23-0 at one point. Penn State comes back to tie it. This the week after we blow the ISU game.

2 plays in particular:
1) Kaeding's 55 yd fg as time expires in 1st half.
2) Derek Pagel's block of a PAT that DJ Johnson runs back for 2 pts.

Neither play seemed huge at the time, and, of course, every point counts...but those points came in pretty unusual ways.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtnTQGG_wfk"]YouTube- Iowa at Penn State 2002 highlights[/ame]

I was to lazy to look on youtube for some Ed Hinkle highlights but he made some of the greatest catches in Iowa history. The one hander agains Mich and when he laid out in teh back of the endzone aginst Penn State. Also 4 TD's on senior day. Fun to watch.

Good lord...that outback video gave me chills watching SG again. But one other prominant number....94! I cant wait to watch him terrorize GT

amazing i was at all but one of these games the stanzi to mcnutt game. anyway i gotta go with tate to holloway because i really thought we were done at that point i was sulking in the stands and then tate throws up the miracle and i about had a died from the pure elation of the moment.

I was fortunate enough to have been at all five of those games. I am one of the few that voted for MSU and it's may simply be it is still the freshest of the group in memory. Not that I don't get goosebumps recalling each one, but I don't think Iowa lifted itself off the mat any further v. LSU than they did with MSU. Purely from my own perspective, after LSU scored to go ahead I felt spiteful and p.o.ed. After MSU scored I felt utterly deflated.

The emotional switch is what gets the MSU nod for me. There's something better about going from depressed to happy than angry to happy.

Latest posts