Iowa football has a bad STD

herky01

The symptoms are obvious, but everyone's afraid to go to the doctor. I don't know whether the coaches are arrogant or ignorant, but they need some help. There are so many chronic problems with Iowa football, but everyone from the University seems to just look the other way.

Why does Iowa always play down to the competition? Iowa State, NW, & Minny get up emotionally for the Hawks because they KNOW they can win.

Why do the Hawks have trouble playing at a high intensity?

Why is Iowa always unprepared for fakes or onside kicks?

Why do the coaches never seem to learn clock management?

Why didn't the coaches use their playmakers on the last make or break drive vs Minny?

Why does Iowa lose so many recruits?

Why are there undersized SENIORS on the D-line?

Why didn't the coaches let Coker come out of the game when he was absolutely gassed?

Why isn't Vandy learning how to pick up corner blitzes?

Why do the coaches burn redshirts and then not use the player?

Why does the offense consistently underachieve?

Why doesn't Iowa have even close to the amount of on-field success as other programs that put a similar number of players into the NFL?

Why doesn't Norm change-up the scheme when he clearly doesn't have the horses necessary to properly run his base D?

I don't know the answers to the these questions, but the scary part is I don't think the coaches do either.

wow, didn't see the STD thread coming, but i'll give it to you for originality. many good thoughts. Only a couple things I would comment on. In terms of picking up blitzes, many many a qb even in the nfl get hit by corner bltizes. i dont see that as a legitimate knock on jvb. Many this year have been to his back and maybe he didn't have an outlet which could be a play calling issue. Coker being gassed? He's a 20 year old kid, who wants to come out when he's having a game like that! When I was 18 you couldn't get me out of a game. He should be able to have big runs and stay in the game. IF we would've taken him out HN would have a meltdown saying "why did we take Coker out when he was hot?'

I like the STD analogy. Unless we seek help from an expert...we will all go crazy and die. I felt like that yesterday in fact. I'm ok with losing a game to a good team...but freaking Minnesota...really.

Now that I think about it...we haven't earned an STD.

All fair questions, but you will never get a straight answer out of our overpaid coach.

For what it is worth:
Tyson had an STD the night he knocked out Trevor Berbick to win WBC World Heavyweight Championship. Tyson was 20 years old. Tyson said the STD added fuel to his fire that night..........

wow, didn't see the STD thread coming, but i'll give it to you for originality. many good thoughts. Only a couple things I would comment on. In terms of picking up blitzes, many many a qb even in the nfl get hit by corner bltizes. i dont see that as a legitimate knock on jvb. Many this year have been to his back and maybe he didn't have an outlet which could be a play calling issue. Coker being gassed? He's a 20 year old kid, who wants to come out when he's having a game like that! When I was 18 you couldn't get me out of a game. He should be able to have big runs and stay in the game. IF we would've taken him out HN would have a meltdown saying "why did we take Coker out when he was hot?'

Well many of us have been wanting to work in a second back for most of the year. We may debate/argue over who that second guy should be, but most people realized the need to have a second back.

Coker's not a scatback, and after longer runs, a typical guy of his build (read: not Shonn Greene) could use a quick blow, even if for just a play or two to catch his breath.

I like the STD analogy. Unless we seek help from an expert...we will all go crazy and die. I felt like that yesterday in fact. I'm ok with losing a game to a good team...but freaking Minnesota...really.

Now that I think about it...we haven't earned an STD.

We're not sexy enough to get an STD :D

i agree, but i dont see it as a huge deal, just didn't take him out

Agreed. I don't see much actual risk in keeping him in there. It would have probably been beneficial to take him out, but it wasn't like we were putting him at risk by keeping him in.

totally, if you watch the pros its like after every play they come out, a 20 year old kid should be able to run all day long...i never wanted out and got ****** when i did come out

Nothing better than urinating razor blades and the inability to pick up the corner blitz.:eek:

I sat there when we were up 21-10 and texted my buddy who was watching the game and said we are going to lose this game for most of the reasons listed above. I accurately predicted that Gray's running ability would beat us in the end...I have seen this trick and pony show before. We will sit back on 3rd or 4th down with 5 or 6 yards to go and the qb will drop back in the qb option keeper and will run to the wide side of the field and pick up the 1st or TD. I can't for the life of me understand why we can't man up and bring pressure from the wide side of the field and use the short side of the field as an ally.

I'm not asking for massive coaching changes or anything. I want us to play to win, not afraid to lose...especially on the road. We were the better team Saturday until we started getting tentative to make plays in the second half. It wasn't that long ago when we used to play to win, when we were the school who had nothing to lose and everything to prove. I want that aggressive team back, who came after the punt almost every time, who wasn't afraid to come up late in the game and destroy the opposing player with the ball, not worrying about missing the tackle. We played scared that second half and too many numerous other second half's lately. This team is playing hard and showing some real toughness but I don't feel they are getting the chance to seal the deal against inferior teams with timid play calling.

Latest posts