Iowa football considering spring workout in Central Iowa

I like it. It will be fun. I will be there. I will be bombed. I will boo the players and shout obscenities at the coaches. I know a lot more than them and I am obligated to voice my opinion, it is my duty to the state and the team.

There is still one more assistant post open, I put in my application so you better put in yours!

More open practices in general would be great. I live in Madison and one of the few things people here liked about BB was that he had multiple open practices in both the spring and fall camps. I know it goes against KF's mentality to share any info with outsiders, but it might be good to generate some positive discussion about the program between spring and August.

Anybody care to tell me what the point of this is? It's dumb if you ask me. I don't need smoke and mirrors. I want victories.

I would absolutely welcome it. Any time I get to see the Hawks in Des Moines I am for it! Iowa needs to shake things up a bit. Bump up the schedule ... get with the times a bit. A lot of people don't have the opportunity to go over to Iowa City to see their Hawks. So why not bring them to the largest city in the state? I hope it becomes a reality.

Wow, this is a very desperate move on Iowa's part.

This sounds like something Pollard would do, and Iowa fans would laugh at. But if Barta does it, it makes sense I guess?

Iowa feels the Des Moines area is slipping away from them quickly. So I guess you have to resort to these kinds of tactics to try to keep Iowa fans from switching to ISU. I guess it makes sense, but not sure it will work unless Iowa starts winning again.

This sounds like something Pollard would do, and Iowa fans would laugh at. But if Barta does it, it makes sense I guess?

Iowa feels the Des Moines area is slipping away from them quickly. So I guess you have to resort to these kinds of tactics to try to keep Iowa fans from switching to ISU. I guess it makes sense, but not sure it will work unless Iowa starts winning again.
Any REAL Iowa fan would NEVER switch to ISU, no matter what..........

The Hawks could go winless next year and it wouldn't even cross my mind to switch to ISU. Cyclone gear is hideous and I could never bring myself to wear that crap. Your team's color combo alone is holding your school back.

The Hawks could go winless next year and it wouldn't even cross my mind to switch to ISU. Cyclone gear is hideous and I could never bring myself to wear that crap. Your team's color combo alone is holding your school back.

Well at least you admit to wearing Iowa gear because it looks nicer in your opinion, and not because Iowa is a better team, because we all know that isn't true.

Well at least you admit to wearing Iowa gear because it looks nicer in your opinion, and not because Iowa is a better team, because we all know that isn't true.

Are you mikeclones on rivals, and do you honestly believe the things that you post, or are you just trying annoy people? The latter is perfectly acceptable. The former is probably a bad sign.

That isn't what he said at all. He said your team colors are ugly, nothing more, nothing less.

I find it funny that clone trolls still find it necessary to come to this site and say stupid crap like what clonedude posted above.

I don't get it, if clone fans dislike the term "clowns", why do they insist on dressing like Ronald McDonald?

Last edited:
I've lived in central Iowa for about 13 years and every time the football program hits a rough patch this subject comes up about central Iowa becoming cyclone country and every single time Iowa St. for whatever reason can't to take advantage of it, football or basketball. We all know one 8-4 season by Iowa in the next year or two will squash any momentum ISU has built up in the last 5.

I've lived in central Iowa for about 13 years and every time the football program hits a rough patch this subject comes up about central Iowa becoming cyclone country and every single time Iowa St. for whatever reason can't to take advantage of it, football or basketball. We all know one 8-4 season by Iowa in the next year or two will squash any momentum ISU has built up in the last 5.

Iowa destroyed ISU for three straight years ('10 was 35-7, '09 was 35-3, '08 was 17-5). That is a combined total of 87 to 15 in three years. I think it is funny that ISU wins back to back years by 3 points each against Iowa and all the sudden this is cyclone country.

That is a joke.

Iowa destroyed ISU for three straight years ('10 was 35-7, '09 was 35-3, '08 was 17-5). That is a combined total of 87 to 15 in three years. I think it is funny that ISU wins back to back years by 3 points each against Iowa and all the sudden this is cyclone country.

That is a joke.

Keep winning and it will be. Keep losing and they are just empty words.

Keep winning and it will be. Keep losing and they are just empty words.

I know what you're saying Slick, don't get me wrong I don't hate ISU but seriously, 2 close wins by 3 points each and all the sudden ISU is the DOMINATE school in football? I don't think so. Clearly, ISU was better this past season but '11, if the game had been in IC most likely ISU wouldn't have won in OT. I know it wasn't in IC and ISU did win but that season was a toss up and ISU had the home field advantage going their way. In my opinion ISU has been the better team once since '07 and people act like ISU is going to steam roll Iowa from here on out.

Latest posts