Iowa football considering spring workout in Central Iowa

I know what you're saying Slick, don't get me wrong I don't hate ISU but seriously, 2 close wins by 3 points each and all the sudden ISU is the DOMINATE school in football? I don't think so. Clearly, ISU was better this past season but '11, if the game had been in IC most likely ISU wouldn't have won in OT. I know it wasn't in IC and ISU did win but that season was a toss up and ISU had the home field advantage going their way. In my opinion ISU has been the better team once since '07 and people act like ISU is going to steam roll Iowa from here on out.

Im sure its a small contingent that believe that. I like that the series has been evening up a bit. Makes for more of an exciting game.

Sounds like a good idea. An easy way to allow fans in central and western Iowa to see the team in action during the spring, similar effect as the I-Club circuit. Easily done in 1 day, bus over in the morning, practice, sign autographs, back in Iowa City by 3.

Important to remember the tone/opinions of this message board are not necessarily shared by the other 99.8% of the Hawkeye fan base. Plenty of people would love to take their kids to see the Hawks, no matter the coaching changes, recruiting wins/losses, or even last year's record.

Go Hawks!

Im sure its a small contingent that believe that. I like that the series has been evening up a bit. Makes for more of an exciting game.

I agree, KF has said over the years that he considers this game another conference game. I do as well, I think it is a fan thing that most Iowa fans don't want to be thought of as on the same level as ISU. If ISU is getting better then Iowa better be as well. If not then ISU is going to keep winning and they might even flip spots.

Anybody care to tell me what the point of this is? It's dumb if you ask me. I don't need smoke and mirrors. I want victories.

Because the spring game in Kinnick probably won't get more than 5k, especially not with the team coming off of a 4-8. There certainly wouldn't be any incentive for anyone from the Des Moines area to go.

Put it at Valley Stadium, and all of a sudden Hawks fans who wouldn't even consider going to Iowa City will have no problem driving 15 minutes or so to Valley Stadium.

That's why.

Latest posts