Iowa favored by 14 points over Nebraska

Hope we drop a 100 on them, foot to the floor entire game passing with a lead, blitzing every play maybe even an onside kick into the 4th quarter. This type of treatment is reserved for douchebags like Frost and the state of NE....as well as PJ and the now retired Dantonio. Rant Over

14 seems high, considering their games the past 2 years have come down to a FG...and that the Huskers have most of their skill position players returning.

14 seems high, considering their games the past 2 years have come down to a FG...and that the Huskers have most of their skill position players returning.

Agree about taking into consideration the past 2 years, but considering they just got their asses handed to them by Illinois I'm leaning toward 14 sounding about right.

I think Illinois just scored on them again while I was typing this up.

Nebby had their starting ILB get knocked out unfortunately for the rest of the season. He's a senior. Their backup is already out for the season so the 3rd and 4th ilb played a lot against illinois. Their lb core wasn't great before that. Illinois oline dominated their dline as well, pushing them consistently backward. Iowa should be able to run the ball down their throat. For Iowa the game plan should look a lot like the last two weeks.

If that is the betting line = stay clear! Kirk always lets a team hang around
You are probably joking, in which case sorry to be obtuse with what is to follow. But this is why Vegas stays undefeated. People get ideas in their head of what "always" happens, and those ideas are so hard to change no matter how much evidence piles up.

Under the current iteration of the coaching staff (i.e. since the start of the 2017 season), Iowa has the 10th best record nationally ATS in games they are favored. Among just P5 teams, they are 4th best.

Over that same stretch, they have the 2nd best margin ATS as favorites (+8.2), trailing only Bowling Green at +10.6 (BG has only been favored in 5 games over that span, to Iowa's 30 games).

And we have just won consecutive games by 42 (favored by 5.5), 28 (favored by 3), and 20 (favored by 1). Not a lot of "letting them hang around" going on there.

You know what Iowa hasn't been goog at sine 2017? Beating the spread as an underdog (bottom 20 in the country). They are roughly middle of the pack (technically slightly below middle) at winning outright as an underdog.

For what it's worth...this is a big, big game for Nebraska and Scott Frost. I expect them to be jacked. If they get steamrolled, then the unraveling of Frost's savior messaging will start to unwind faster than Hurricane Katrina spun through New Orleans.

At this point Frost is 10-18...which is a much worse record than Mike Riley had at this juncture. Riley was 15-11 in his first two years...then his final season was 4-8 and they canned him. At least we now know Nebraska alumni don't eat their own...but hunger does strange things to people. I expect them to start the roaster, if they get bitch slapped.

For what it's worth...this is a big, big game for Nebraska and Scott Frost. I expect them to be jacked. If they get steamrolled, then the unraveling of Frost's savior messaging will start to unwind faster than Hurricane Katrina spun through New Orleans.

At this point Frost is 10-18...which is a much worse record than Mike Riley had at this juncture. Riley was 15-11 in his first two years...then his final season was 4-8 and they canned him. At least we now know Nebraska alumni don't eat their own...but hunger does strange things to people. I expect them to start the roaster, if they get bitch slapped.
Like Mike Tyson says, "Everybody Has a Plan Until They Get Punched in the Mouth". I also think Nebraska will come out inspired and ready to play. Maybe come out and take the lead. But I also think that the physical wear and tear will accumulate. We need to be take it to them show them what it takes to win in the B1G. And send Frosty a message.

Bitch Slap GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

:cool:

I hope we contain their running qb offense with a devastating hit. McCaffery was 70% of their offense last game.

Latest posts