Iowa Done Recruiting Florida????

Bumpty bump. Does anyone care any longer we reallocated our Florida resources and shifted toward recruiting Texas? I tried to explain at the time this wasn't an issue......

It seems like we were pulling 1 or 2 guys a year from Florida as it is, and most of those not named Ruddock were less recruited kids lower * kids anyway. I guess after a certain amount of time you have to ask yourself will be you better served by recruiting a different area and getting a better player?

I think they are more heavily recruit Texas now that Davis is there. If we pick up a kid or two more from Texas a year, rather than Florida, I don't really see what the problem is.

I'm not sure why all the hand wringing on this one. We pull 1 or 2 kids from Florida a year. If we just pull an extra Texas kid or two, what difference does it make? Why spread yourself so thin trying to recruit Florida, when you can just make a strong push into the Texas area?

I gotta say that the hyperbole train is a rolling, and there is no way to stop it now. Getting a kid or 2 a year from Florida won't make or break any program. Why can't people understand that recruiting such a far away outlier with one member of the coaching staff is a very, very tough sled. Instead you reallocate coaches to Texas, and make a stronger and better push at the kids there.

This is true (the communication part) I guess I just use my brain, and when they say that they are pulling out of Florida, then by default they are reallocating that effort into another region.....even if they don't come out and say that.

And many here think you aren't right in the head....and I'm sure even more think I'm not right in the head.

Either way, I think you would be kind of dumb to think that we aren't going to be recruiting Texas very hard. Just look at Jumpers recruiting 2014 data base. We have 6 kids offered from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area alone. We signed 2 kids from Texas this year, 2 in 2011, and 4 in 2010.

Latest posts