LC: Shaun Prater (5-11/180) SR /// Greg Castillo (5-11/180) JR
SS: Collin Sleeper (6-2/200) JR /// Tom Donatell (6-2/205) SR
FS: Tanner Miller (6-2/195) SO /// Jack Swanson (5-11/200) JR
RC: Micah Hyde (6-1/185) JR /// BJ Lowery (5-11/180) SO
PT: Eric Guthrie (6-6/245) SR /// Jonny Mullings (6-3/210) FR

PR: McNutt
KOR: K. Davis
Deep Snaps: Casey Kreiter

I know this is the Spring 2 Deep, and it will change by beginning of Sept...

1.) Who is Collin Sleeper? I have never heard of him...
2.) What is the story with Jordan Bernstein? I thought he looked pretty good in the Insight Bowl. Hurt?

I know this is the Spring 2 Deep, and it will change by beginning of Sept...

1.) Who is Collin Sleeper? I have never heard of him...
2.) What is the story with Jordan Bernstein? I thought he looked pretty good in the Insight Bowl. Hurt?

1. Walk-on from Solon, IA - Only know that because I, too, had no idea and had to look it up

2. The enigma that is Jordan Bernstine continues...

And yes, I'm aware too that it's spring...

Besides Morris I believe Sleeper was the best athlete on Solons football team. Did he play QB? Someone out there has to know more about him.

Besides Morris I believe Sleeper was the best athlete on Solons football team. Did he play QB? Someone out there has to know more about him.

Here's the blurb from the Iowa website (sounds like he was a RB/WR type):

2010 - - Not listed on depth chart following spring practice. . . did not see any game action.
2009 - - Not listed on two-deep following spring practice . . . did not see any game action.
2008 - - Redshirted after joining team as a walk-on.
High School Honors - - Earned all-state and all-conference honors as a junior and senior . . . Career - - team captain for prep team that claimed state title in his senior season . . . played in eight of 13 games as a senior due to injury . . . gained 661 yards (5.8 average) total offense as a senior, with eight touchdowns . . . collected four receiving touchdowns and 33 tackles and one interception on defense . . . rushed 88 times for 781 yards and 13 touchdowns as a junior . . . also had 131 receiving yards (two touchdowns) and 28 tackles on defense.
Personal - - Born 1/28/90 . . . interdepartmental studies major . . . parents are Angela and Paul Sleeper . . . one of two players from Solon on Iowa roster . . . attended same high school as LB James Morris . . . high school coach was Kevin Miller.

I doubt that McNutt stays at PR. It's the first two deep. Bernstine being nowhere on it still surprises me though.

If they are going to give Hyde a look at safety then the coaching staff must like what they see in Castillo or Lowery. I'm hoping the Lowery can jump and make some big strides this spring.

McNutt was backup PR last year so that is probably why he is still llisted there now. Based on some comments from KF, I think Hyde will get a chance at PR/KR. Of course then, posters will complain about putting your top DB as PR. Probably others going to get the chance too.

Latest posts