Iowa currently sitting at 6 Q1 wins with another on tap Saturday

InGoodCo

Schools who have more than 6 Q1's at the current

Kansas
Purdue
Baylor
Texas
Arizona

Iowa sitting pretty good with 9 to go, protect home court and they are easily in at 10-10 but let's hope we at least sneak that MN game.

Net Rankings: 33
KenPom: 33
Bart Torvik: 48

That Clemson team that most of us thought was shit is now 18-5 and is 10-2 in conference play. Iowa dominated them.

Most bracketologist have Iowa seeded in the 7-9 range, which is where they are seeded most seasons.

Such a weird year. Almost all of our conference losses are to the teams at the bottom of the Big 10.
Very weird! We lost to the teams that are usually at the top, but at the bottom. And, we're beating teams that are near the top, but usually at the bottom.

I was totally pumped we beat Rutger and NW. They are good teams. Weird, right?

Very weird! We lost to the teams that are usually at the top, but at the bottom. And, we're beating teams that are near the top, but usually at the bottom.

I was totally pumped we beat Rutger and NW. They are good teams. Weird, right?
Weird maybe. But when you have what could very well be a 6-way tie for 3rd by the end of Sunday means that, even if you lose to lesser teams - and right now, Michigan State and Wisconsin are lesser teams record-wise, you want to beat those teams you are tied with or who are above you. And so it is with us beating Indiana, Michigan, Maryland, Illinois, Rutgers, and Northwestern. And if by some miracle we could take down Purdue Thursday night, then just win a decent amount of games down the stretch, we should be able to win every tiebreaker out there and be one of the top four for the Big Ten Conference tournament - for once.

Weird maybe. But when you have what could very well be a 6-way tie for 3rd by the end of Sunday means that, even if you lose to lesser teams - and right now, Michigan State and Wisconsin are lesser teams record-wise, you want to beat those teams you are tied with or who are above you. And so it is with us beating Indiana, Michigan, Maryland, Illinois, Rutgers, and Northwestern. And if by some miracle we could take down Purdue Thursday night, then just win a decent amount of games down the stretch, we should be able to win every tiebreaker out there and be one of the top four for the Big Ten Conference tournament - for once.
Good call there. The tie breaker might very well be the difference between a 2 seed and a 7 seed this year.

We are 7-0 against Big 10 teams with winning conference records and 0-5 against teams .500 or worse. What a crazy stat.
We were severely shorthanded vs Wisconsin (Kris, Ulis out, Perkins playing hurt) and were without PMac for a couple others. Others are benefitting from the trial by fire they were administered in some of those losses and its paying dividends now.

It can't be one of those games where they lay an egg. No matter how the Purdue game goes, they can't show up in Minneapolis mentally checked out.
I agree. They go in even slightly better than flaccid, should snag that one.

If Murray doesn't get hurt and we lose him for a month, this team has at least 3 more wins and is ranked in the top 20 and a projected 4 seed. Not only was he out, but it took him and the team a few games to get back into the swing of things. Iowa is coming together at the right time though. I don't see us losing another home game and Minny should be no match for this team. That said, Purdue is going to boatrace us. An angry Purdue team at home. Ugggg

Schools who have more than 6 Q1's at the current

Kansas
Purdue
Baylor
Texas
Arizona

Iowa sitting pretty good with 9 to go, protect home court and they are easily in at 10-10 but let's hope we at least sneak that MN game.

What about Iowa State? I heard they had something ridiculous like 4 wins against top 10 teams. They haven't reached six yet playing in the Big 12?