Iowa-Creighton Postgame Content Links

Man you can just see how gutted Bluder is here. Tough one to swallow.

Iowa teams just have to find a way to win more consistently on the big stage. That goes for football, and men's and women's basketball.

Wrestling was a disappointment for them this year, but I can at least stomach that as I consider the wrestling program an Elite Program that has more than met it's historic dues and I have confidence they will be a regular player in competing for more National Titles. Penn St has the best program, but they are not invincible. Iowa is still a Top 4 program here....some years 1, 2, 3, or 4th best.

In this case, with the women, on the path to the big stage.....the yellow brick road was/should have been almost never clearer up until at least the Elite 8 game. Did not happen.

Covid Disappointment Pre-Year, Excellent Conference Year, Failure in the NCAAs. Overall, Good, but not Great Year for the Iowa Women. Very definition of Iowa sports in general.

The programs have to find a way to break this narrative. It beats having bad programs, but every once and a while a blind squirrel has to find a nut right? You would think Iowa would break the glass ceiling more than once and while......check that...more than once and never.

Last edited:
Man you can just see how gutted Bluder is here. Tough one to swallow.

Iowa teams just have to find a way to win more consistently on the big stage. That goes for football, and men's and women's basketball.

Wrestling was a disappointment for them this year, but I can at least stomach that as I consider the wrestling program an Elite Program that has more than met it's historic dues and I have confidence they will be a regular player in competing for more National Titles. Penn St has the best program, but they are not invincible. Iowa is still a Top 4 program here....some years 1, 2, 3, or 4th best.

In this case, with the women, on the path to the big stage.....the yellow brick road was/should have been almost never clearer up until at least the Elite 8 game. Did not happen.

Covid Disappointment Pre-Year, Excellent Conference Year, Failure in the NCAAs. Overall, Good, but not Great Year for the Iowa Women. Very definition of Iowa sports in general.

The programs have to find a way to break this narrative. It beats having bad programs, but every once and a while a blind squirrel has to find a nut right? You would think Iowa would break the glass ceiling more than once and while......check that...more than once and never.

I didn't even watch nor listen to their 2nd round game and was SHOCKED they lost, esp at home. Was it truly a dud like the mens game?

Creighton will get boat raced by ISU. Cause you just know thats gonna happen.

Latest posts