Iowa cost the Big 10 big time today

BSpringsteen

Because the ******* was full in Iowa City this year, possibly the best 7-5 team in the recent history of CFB, played in the Insight Bowl.

This team should have been playing in the Capitol One Bowl today, which means all the other Big Ten teams would have moved down a slot.

The Insight Bowl was the big winner.

If we go to the Cap One we still have our hands full with Bama, probably drop a close one. MSU showed absolutely nothing today and if they matched up against Florida and showed up like that, they still lose big. PSU handles Mississippi State. Mississippi State looked good because Michigan forgot that defense was a part of the game. Michigan drops to Insight and I think still gets beat because Mizzou is from the Big 12 and the Big 12 is built on scoring. They lose in a shootout. NW still loses to TTech and Illannoy still wins. I think it's a wash for the most part unless you mark Iowa as a win against Bama.

Yes, but we probably wouldn't have beaten Alabama in the Cap One Bowl today either. Not got hammered like MSU though. We would have won the Outback or Gator.

"...possibly the best 7-5 team in recent CFB history." What the h*** does that mean? I have no idea what that means.

"...possibly the best 7-5 team in recent CFB history." What the h*** does that mean? I have no idea what that means.

It means absolutely nothing, they were 7-5 and happened to win a bowl game against a ranked, but lesser opponent where their defense finally made the play they should have in about 5 other games.
Dude, Iowa finished 7-5 went to the Insight Bowl, that is what matters...coulda, shoulda, woulda went out the window in Arizona.

MSU was 11-1 and gets the Capital One bid unless we go 10-2...by rule. Change the argument the Outback and I might agree.

It means we seriously underperformed.

Watching Northwestern today just made me angry. Should have been no way in heck that we only score 17 points on NW.... yes I know Persa was not playing today but, he doesn't play defense either.

I still can't get over only scoring 18 @ Ind, 17 @ NW and losing to Minn? I will be mad about this for the next 8 mos

I think we would have dominated in the Gator or Outback. Capital One it would have gone either way. Playing in the insight helped us as a program but not as conference.

It means we seriously underperformed.

Watching Northwestern today just made me angry. Should have been no way in heck that we only score 17 points on NW.... yes I know Persa was not playing today but, he doesn't play defense either.

I still can't get over only scoring 18 @ Ind, 17 @ NW and losing to Minn? I will be mad about this for the next 8 mos
I agree....I know a lot of people stand up for KOK but someone has to address the issue that NW and Indiana are almost reading us like a book and we have to find a way to bust out of this rut! Those point totals against NW and Indiana's defenses are just pathetic!

Well, Indiana fired their coach... should take care of that. However NW? Yes... they are not nearly as talented, but they know what we are doing and when. We need to change things up a little bit against them to at least become less predictable. I mean... we make NW look like a good team.

Because the ******* was full in Iowa City this year, possibly the best 7-5 team in the recent history of CFB, played in the Insight Bowl.

This is like being the best looking fat girl at the party.

There are no good 7-5 teams in college football, particularly when this 7-5 team lost to NW and Minnesota and should have lost to Indiana.

Latest posts