Iowa coordinator says Beathard can be his best QB ever

Interesting article. Clears up the QB controversy a little more and lets you know where the coaches heads were at during it. Iowa went 10-0 with a hampered Beathard with Iowa completely changing the game plan & limiting Beathard. Really makes you wonder how even more dominant they could have been. Looks good for this year.

Since it was brought up in the article, I feel it's responsive, so I'm not steering this discussion into the ditch. But, if CJ had been the QB in 2014, the Hawks would have easily won 2, probably 3, more games that year. Iowa State, Nebraska and probably Maryland. I know, I know, it's over, spilled milk, water over the dam, can't look back, all that baloney - but still.

Interesting article. Clears up the QB controversy a little more and lets you know where the coaches heads were at during it. Iowa went 10-0 with a hampered Beathard with Iowa completely changing the game plan & limiting Beathard. Really makes you wonder how even more dominant they could have been. Looks good for this year.

I said in another thread we don't even realize how good CJ is yet. Think of how accurate his deep ball was when he was healthy. Now that he has experience he has everything a great qb needs.

This year we might have the best qb Iowa has ever had, the best middle linebacker, and the best cornerback. We probably have the most explosive running back since Tavian Banks. All the pieces are in place except a great left tackle and a great rush D end. This year will either be like last year or be like 2010.

Seems like a reasonable projection. We have an excellent OL coming back and a great running game to compliment CJ.

On a side note, CJ is the #2 QB in this 2017 NFL mock draft so Davis is not the only one who feels this way.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2017/QB

And the outside world is too busy thinking about how lucky Iowa was to think about how good CJ would have been if he wasn't injured.

I just hope that he can get into a rhythm with the top 3 wrs early in camp so they can hit the ground running when the season starts. Vandeberg (he needs a nickname) Scheel & Smith really need to be the 3 main guys along with Kittle to have an open passing game. I think Wadley and dare I say Parker could figure in to being weapons for CJB too. I'd like to see Parker lined up in backfield or slot and put in motion and used kinda like McCaffery in the passing game. I think he can be a nice weapon at times. I think CJBs potential is really high too yet so much of it is out of his control. He'll have to stay healthy have time to throw and open receivers... The table is set for him and I can't wait to see how it goes

I just hope that he can get into a rhythm with the top 3 wrs early in camp so they can hit the ground running when the season starts. Vandeberg (he needs a nickname) Scheel & Smith really need to be the 3 main guys along with Kittle to have an open passing game. I think Wadley and dare I say Parker could figure in to being weapons for CJB too. I'd like to see Parker lined up in backfield or slot and put in motion and used kinda like McCaffery in the passing game. I think he can be a nice weapon at times. I think CJBs potential is really high too yet so much of it is out of his control. He'll have to stay healthy have time to throw and open receivers... The table is set for him and I can't wait to see how it goes
Vandeberg has a nickname - he's the Meerkat. That works for me.

Since it was brought up in the article, I feel it's responsive, so I'm not steering this discussion into the ditch. But, if CJ had been the QB in 2014, the Hawks would have easily won 2, probably 3, more games that year. Iowa State, Nebraska and probably Maryland. I know, I know, it's over, spilled milk, water over the dam, can't look back, all that baloney - but still.
You are correct....Everything you said was baloney. You have absolutely no way of knowing how CJ would have performed in those games and to put the blame on Rudock in some of those games is absolutely ignorant...example; would CJ been on punt coverage against Nebraska.... I can go on and on, but hopefully you'll understand how moronic your statement (not opinion) of "would have easily won..." truly is.

Who ever develops the best, practices the best, and performs the best, really "need to be the 3 main guys..." Do you know something we or the coaches don't?

Seems like a reasonable projection. We have an excellent OL coming back and a great running game to compliment CJ.

On a side note, CJ is the #2 QB in this 2017 NFL mock draft so Davis is not the only one who feels this way.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2017/QB

List only includes seniors. There are a some good underclassmen who will declare for the draft that will likely bump CJ down the totem pole.

You are correct....Everything you said was baloney. You have absolutely no way of knowing how CJ would have performed in those games and to put the blame on Rudock in some of those games is absolutely ignorant...example; would CJ been on punt coverage against Nebraska.... I can go on and on, but hopefully you'll understand how moronic your statement (not opinion) of "would have easily won..." truly is.

Would CJ have missed guys running wide open down the middle of the field repeatedly? To say we would have won with CJ isn't the same as putting all the blame on Rudock for losing.

There was plenty of blame to go around for the ISU game last year but it didn't matter because we won. In large part because CJ made plays Rudock couldn't have made.

Jake . . . Is that you? Xoxo

Would CJ have missed guys running wide open down the middle of the field repeatedly? To say we would have won with CJ isn't the same as putting all the blame on Rudock for losing.

There was plenty of blame to go around for the ISU game last year but it didn't matter because we won. In large part because CJ made plays Rudock couldn't have made.
Would CJ have missed them? How would you know? CJ could have easily missed seeing them, just as he missed a bunch of wide open receivers last year? You also have to know what the QB's are being coached. And, yes it is putting all the blame on Rudock, because you're saying that all things being entirely equal, they would have won with CJ... To make a statement that we WOULD HAVE WON is totally preposterous...and just totally ignorant and unscientific. You could say, "it would have been interesting to see how CJ would have done in some of those games, might have been a different outcome..." We don't KNOW they could have won those games even if they had Aaron Rodgers at QB... Some you folks can never move on and ever admit you are WRONG... I would bet you were on the KF sux, run him out of town bandwagon....

List only includes seniors. There are a some good underclassmen who will declare for the draft that will likely bump CJ down the totem pole.
Possible, although it seems like most QBs tend to stick around for their senior year compared to other positions. Last year only 4 of the 96 players who declared early for the draft were QBs.

Latest posts