Iowa conference tournament

7:00 a.m. Eby Fieldhouse opens for spectators
8:00 a.m. JV Tournament begins
10:30 a.m. Varsity Tournament begins
12:00 p.m. Varsity Semifinals
At-large / alternate selection meeting
(10 minutes following completion of placement matches)
6:45 p.m. Parade of Champions
(Top six placewinners in full warm-ups)
6:55 p.m. National Anthem
7:00 p.m. Introduction of Finalists
7:00 p.m. Championship finals begin
(shown on tape-delay by Iowa Public Television at 8:30 p.m. Friday)
Awards follow finals

Coe does a great job and puts 7 in the finals. Wartburg answers by saying shove it and puts 9 in the finals...

I spent the day at coe, but watched the finals on tv.

coe closed the gap on wartburg, but the story of the night at hvy. coe hvy Alex burkle was winning easily 5-1 when he blew his knee out. terrible way to end the season.

also, it was against a wartburg kid. night ended with 6 wartburg champs and 3 coe champs. would've been 5 & 4.

the rest of the conference did get one champ from a loras kid.

Really felt bad for Coe's Burkle as he was having an outstanding year. Match of the day for me was in the finals between Nick LeCere and Landon Williams. Nick was trailing late in the match when he hit 'gramby roll' for a 5 pt move to pull out the match.

Wartburg ended up with 193.5 pts to Coe's 157 pts. Believe it was the Knights 20th straight team title.

the kid from loras might have had 2 matches of the day. you know those guys like David taylor that make wrestling look easy? hes not one of those guys. he looks completely spent by the end of the first but just keeps going. he won in the finals getting an escape with 1 second on the clock.

the kid from loras might have had 2 matches of the day. you know those guys like David taylor that make wrestling look easy? hes not one of those guys. he looks completely spent by the end of the first but just keeps going. he won in the finals getting an escape with 1 second on the clock.

Very true. I believe he ended up receiving the "Outstanding Wrestler" award.
Was quite surprised when he was able to get the escape with 1 second left.
That was a match that I thought the Coe wrestler had locked up.

I was pleased to see that CR Jefferson's Conner Herman battled back for 3rd place to qualify for Nationals. Kind of a light heavyweight, but he had to battle back from his semi final loss to win to matches to make it to Lacrosse.

I heard that Alex Burkle hurt his knee. That is really tough injury, especially this late in the season. Saw him wrestle in the Cornell Dual. He is a beast. Any word on how bad his knee is hurt?

20 straight titles feels pretty good for Wartburg!

Good to see Men's and Women's track each grab a title....

Now if only something could be done about basketball......

Latest posts