Iowa City West 4-Star WR Oliver Martin Updates Recruitment

Imagine this season with Willies and Darboh and Lazard starting at WR? I'm thinking playoffs for certain with those weapons.

I know . . . I know . . . they didn't grow up Hawkeye fans. So what? You think Eno and Calloway grew up Hawkeye fans?? And for the record I don't really think KF is expected to land all 3. But one of them ahead of J. Smith would be nice.
1. Willis committee and played at Iowa. Just didn't work out
2. Darboh was not an Iowa fan and Iowa was not very good when he committed to much
3. Lazard was never going to Iowa. He passed up bigger offers to go to Isu where his parents played

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...cruits-major-visitors-michigan-game/90771680/

It comes at a similarly good time for Martin. From Iowa City West High School, he was offered by Michigan during a standout performance at The Opening Finals in July, where he played with Wolverines quarterback commit Dylan McCaffrey. He has taken two unofficial visits to nearby Iowa already this season. While Martin has not named a leader, the Hawkeyes are considered the school Michigan – and other contenders Michigan State, Oregon and Notre Dame – are looking up at.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...cruits-major-visitors-michigan-game/90771680/

It comes at a similarly good time for Martin. From Iowa City West High School, he was offered by Michigan during a standout performance at The Opening Finals in July, where he played with Wolverines quarterback commit Dylan McCaffrey. He has taken two unofficial visits to nearby Iowa already this season. While Martin has not named a leader, the Hawkeyes are considered the school Michigan – and other contenders Michigan State, Oregon and Notre Dame – are looking up at.

Interesting take from the Detroit News. I hadn't heard that we were considered front runners at this point.

I get that people want to speculate here because the kid keeps his recruitment private. But really, that's all any of it is, speculation. I'll reserve judgment on all of it until OM says a specific school or schools lead.

FWIW several guys on 247 are predicting Martin to ND. He's visiting ND this weekend so maybe they are all just speculating.

FWIW several guys on 247 are predicting Martin to ND. He's visiting ND this weekend so maybe they are all just speculating.

That is why the Crystal Ball thing is BS. They change their commitment to ND because he is taking an official there, and they can change it again later if he doesn't commit. It is complete radio silence on him, no way do those guys have information that local guys like Rob, or Tom don't have on him.

WR is the one place that a true freshman can walk right in and play and I would think that would be a very big carrot for them to come play for the Hawks. Fingers crossed.

Oliver Martin was scheduled to go to Michigan this weekend for a game, but will not be going now.......I'd bet we have a Oliver Martin sighting at the Hawk game this weekend.

http://www.press-citizen.com/story/.../?hootPostID=fcf8202ed406fcbee7cd96bbde5de544

Next up on Martin’s hectic recruiting schedule is an unofficial visit to Michigan this Saturday. The Wolverines appeared to be the favorite to land Martin before Notre Dame started buzzing among recruiting circles recently.

But now that Ann Arbor, Mich., visit might not actually happen this weekend, Martin said.

“I think we might have scheduled that one a long time ago,” he said. “I’m not sure if I’m going to do it or not. We’ll see. I just kind of want to be at home for a weekend.”

Oliver Martin was scheduled to go to Michigan this weekend for a game, but will not be going now.......I'd bet we have a Oliver Martin sighting at the Hawk game this weekend.

http://www.press-citizen.com/story/.../?hootPostID=fcf8202ed406fcbee7cd96bbde5de544

Next up on Martin’s hectic recruiting schedule is an unofficial visit to Michigan this Saturday. The Wolverines appeared to be the favorite to land Martin before Notre Dame started buzzing among recruiting circles recently.

But now that Ann Arbor, Mich., visit might not actually happen this weekend, Martin said.

“I think we might have scheduled that one a long time ago,” he said. “I’m not sure if I’m going to do it or not. We’ll see. I just kind of want to be at home for a weekend.”

That's Koo

Sign with Iowa and he you can be almost all those weekends.

At Michigan, he gets red-shirted and then who knows about playing time, with all the talent they recruit there. Here, he could play next year and be a starter for at least 3 years. Seems to make sense to me he stays here.

I doubt he is of the mindset that "I can't get playing time at a blue blood school". He dominated those camps and McCaffery wants him to be at Mich big time. Pretty sure he isn't scared of competition

At Michigan, he gets red-shirted and then who knows about playing time, with all the talent they recruit there. Here, he could play next year and be a starter for at least 3 years. Seems to make sense to me he stays here.

He can be an impact player at Michigan

1. Willis committee and played at Iowa. Just didn't work out
2. Darboh was not an Iowa fan and Iowa was not very good when he committed to much
3. Lazard was never going to Iowa. He passed up bigger offers to go to Isu where his parents played

Lazard I understand - but between arrington - darboh - willies - and oliver martin he should be getting at least one and USING the kid instead of benching him. I disagree that the only way for Kirk to get local talent is if they grew up Hawkeye fans. Good recruiters find a way. Like we found a way with current and past 4 stars who didn't grow up Hawkeye fans. If all we can expect to get is kids who grew up Hawkeye fans then things are bleak. But I don't buy that and neither do you frankly.

Martin is the latest opportunity for Kirk. Here's to hoping Kirk can get the job done.

Well if he's blowing off going to Michigan this week that sure isn't a bad thing. I have no read on the kid. I just have gut feeling. Before hearing this I thought he was leaning Michigan but that's based on nothing and heck if I know anymore than anyone else

Latest posts