Iowa Can Still Win The West!

Here is how I see it. The Purdue Ilini game this weekend is the West de facto championship game.

Iowa/Minny/Wisky are all in the same boat. They play each other and one gimme. I think that turns out to be knife fight where everyone takes one stab. Iowa beats Wisky, Minny beats Iowa, Wisky beats Minny. 5-4 for all.

If Purdue beats Illinois they have 2 winnable games at the end and should go 6-3.

If Illinois beats Purdue, then loses to Michigan it will beat NW to claim the vaunted crown at 6-3.

If chalk holds this remains Illinois's division to win, but....

I don't think it is impossible for Northwestern to beat Illinois. That game could be a total Fitz special. His teams rarely quit on him. And in an otherwise wasted season, denying the Illini the West championship on the final day of the season will be Northwestern's bowl game.

It's in Evanston. There could easily be heavy winds off the lake and a driving rain. The grass will probably be knee high. That's the kind of game Fitz relishes.

I want no part of a B1G title game
Then you are rooting for them to lose 1 of these last 2 games. Because unless Illinois can pull of a HUGE upset against Michigan Iowa would have the inside track at winning the West.

I’d rather they take the loss in the BTC as opposed to losing against Minnesota or Nebraska.

Then you are rooting for them to lose 1 of these last 2 games. Because unless Illinois can pull of a HUGE upset against Michigan Iowa would have the inside track at winning the West.

I’d rather they take the loss in the BTC as opposed to losing against Minnesota or Nebraska.
Agree, both those teams suck this year and losing either trophy for the first time in eternity...not cool

Well since you put it that way. Yeah I’d rather not lose to them

Here is how I see it. The Purdue Ilini game this weekend is the West de facto championship game.

Iowa/Minny/Wisky are all in the same boat. They play each other and one gimme. I think that turns out to be knife fight where everyone takes one stab. Iowa beats Wisky, Minny beats Iowa, Wisky beats Minny. 5-4 for all.

If Purdue beats Illinois they have 2 winnable games at the end and should go 6-3.

If Illinois beats Purdue, then loses to Michigan it will beat NW to claim the vaunted crown at 6-3.

If chalk holds this remains Illinois's division to win, but....
Iowa and Purdue win out, and tie for the west crown at 6-3. Iowa has the tiebreaker. IL and MN split the last two and finish 5-4.

Probably not but I’ll watch the game hoping for a miracle.

I just can’t believe Iowa has fought back to get in this position.

I expect a decent game as long as Nebby and Brian don't trip it up. Maryland and NW have made them look not so terrific. I expect Iowa's D to be decent and could the O be worse?

Actually before Iowa started to win these games I did say Iowa could still go 8-4 because of a soft schedule. Also said they could go 5-7. Never thought 8-4 would win the West.

Latest posts