Iowa can still win the division!

bws258

All we need is ...
  • Iowa to win out
  • NW to lose 2 of 3
  • Mich to lose to OSU or NW
  • Neb to lose to PSU or Minn
  • Romney to win Florida, Virginia, Ohio ...

what, you want more misery?

there'll be plenty of that this Saturday at Kinnick, sitting in a rainstorm while 0-fer Purdue beats us

All we need is ...
  • Iowa to win out
  • NW to lose 2 of 3
  • Mich to lose to OSU or NW
  • Neb to lose to PSU or Minn
  • Romney to win Florida, Virginia, Ohio ...
Does Northwestern really need to lose twice?

What if the final standings are
Nebby 5-3
Northwestern 5-3
Michigan 5-3
Iowa 5-3

Wouldn't Iowa win the tie breaker?

Does Northwestern really need to lose twice?

What if the final standings are
Nebby 5-3
Northwestern 5-3
Michigan 5-3
Iowa 5-3

Wouldn't Iowa win the tie breaker?

In this scenario Iowa or NW would win the tiebreaker. If Michigan beats NW that would put Neb and NW 1-2 against the 4 teams and Mich and Iowa 2-1. So then it would go to head to head between Iowa/Mich and Iowa would get the tiebreaker. If NW beats Michigan and end up 5-3 they would be 2-1 and win the tiebreaker against us.

So what we need to win the division is win out and Nebraska to lose to PSU or Minn, Michigan to beat NW and lose to Ohio State.

If NW beats Michigan we would need to win out and Nebraska to lose to PSU or Minn and NW to lose to MSU and Illinois.

So the easier path is Michigan to beat NW saturday obviously

In this scenario Iowa or NW would win the tiebreaker. If Michigan beats NW that would put Neb and NW 1-2 against the 4 teams and Mich and Iowa 2-1. So then it would go to head to head between Iowa/Mich and Iowa would get the tiebreaker. If NW beats Michigan and end up 5-3 they would be 2-1 and win the tiebreaker against us.

So what we need to win the division is win out and Nebraska to lose to PSU or Minn, Michigan to beat NW and lose to Ohio State.

If NW beats Michigan we would need to win out and Nebraska to lose to PSU or Minn and NW to lose to MSU and Illinois.

Could you imagine the nightmare for the Big 10 IF Indiana and Iowa end up in the title game?? Not much of a chance it will happen but just the fact that it is still possible in Mid November...Can you say "National ridicule"?

Could you imagine the nightmare for the Big 10 IF Indiana and Iowa end up in the title game?? Not much of a chance it will happen but just the fact that it is still possible in Mid November...Can you say "National ridicule"?
[video=youtube;leFAuhEX52A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leFAuhEX52A[/video]
:cool:

Just the fact that it is still possible for Iowa to go to the Rose Bowl shows what a giant **** box the BIG is this year.

An Iowa-Indiana title game would get a lot of national attention for all the wrong reasons, with the winner becoming the sacrificial lamb for the Pac 12 in the Rose Bowl.

Sad. It won't happen though.

Not to mention someone's contract would be extended for another million years for winning the Big Ten championship game and going to the Rose Bowl.

Not to mention someone's contract would be extended for another million years for winning the Big Ten championship game and going to the Rose Bowl.

Thats been a major critique of the diehards on here, that KF has never made it to teh Rose Bowl. So now he would have to make it with a certain record in order for it to count with you guys?

That's the easy part, as each of those scenarios is plausible. Iowa winning out is the hard part.

I live and breathe Hawkeye football and basketball. That said, I'm coaching my son's youth basketball game this weekend and I'm thinking of not DVRing the game Saturday and watching only the last few minutes. If this doesn't sound like a major thing, I scheduled my wedding around an Iowa game. The last few weeks I have gotten a tad bit angry watching the Hawks(I know, get a life); I may need to take a break for mental health reasons. Go Hawks!

The Hawks will not win another game this season. I don't know what any of you have seen to make you think they will ..... but you must be watching a different team, game, conference, year or universe.

Just the fact that it is still possible for Iowa to go to the Rose Bowl shows what a giant **** box the BIG is this year.

An Iowa-Indiana title game would get a lot of national attention for all the wrong reasons, with the winner becoming the sacrificial lamb for the Pac 12 in the Rose Bowl.

Sad. It won't happen though.

First off the you do realize that things are different now right? Under the old format Iowa would have been eliminated from Rose Bowl contention.. The divisions now open up more opportunity and give you some room for error, that is a good thing.. Iowa finished 6-6 last year and the same was true we could win the division if we won our final division games against Michigan State and Nebraska. It has nothing to do with the big being **** like you stated.

However the reality is that Iowa has not shot to win the division that will end next week in Ann Arbor, like it did at home at about the same time last season against Michigan State.

First off the you do realize that things are different now right? Under the old format Iowa would have been eliminated from Rose Bowl contention.. The divisions now open up more opportunity and give you some room for error, that is a good thing.. Iowa finished 6-6 last year and the same was true we could win the division if we won our final division games against Michigan State and Nebraska. It has nothing to do with the big being **** like you stated.

However the reality is that Iowa has not shot to win the division that will end next week in Ann Arbor, like it did at home at about the same time last season against Michigan State.

The format has nothing to do with it, Indiana and wisconsin wouldn't have already eliminated us in the old format. If OSU wasn't on probation we'd be done, but if we were under the old format we'd probably have a better shot, cause it would be same scenario and need Wisky/Indy to lose one more game too. Which would probably be an easier scenario then Iowa beating them in a big ten championship game.

You have to LOVE these kind of delusional post... WIN OUT the season??? Ha ha ha ha ha!!! Oh MAN... We MIGHT beat Purdue, (we BETTER!) but you cannot believe that we have a GHOST of a chance with the last two... We get SLAPPED by freaking Indiana and we are going to beat the CORNPONES!?!? Come on... Look, I will be there Saturday and it will be a great game... Just enjoy the sport, relax, and drink more beer!
beer_girl.jpg

You have to LOVE these kind of delusional post... WIN OUT the season??? Ha ha ha ha ha!!! Oh MAN... We MIGHT beat Purdue, (we BETTER!) but you cannot believe that we have a GHOST of a chance with the last two... We get SLAPPED by freaking Indiana and we are going to beat the CORNPONES!?!? Come on... Look, I will be there Saturday and it will be a great game... Just enjoy the sport, relax, and drink more beer!
beer_girl.jpg
Those are the two most delicious looking things I've ever seen.

Latest posts