Iowa calls 3 timeouts...19 sec

They kept talking about how great Fleck has been for MN. In the 3 seasons before he got there, they were 23-16. In his first 3 seasons, he was 24-16. That's not counting his 4th season where he's 1-3. I guess he's been great for us.
PJ'S finest hour may end up being his Outback Bowl win over Auburn.

Honorable mention to regular season wins over Wisconsin and Penn State.

That was the ultimate KF having had enough of Fleck.

Fleck called that TO he did when he shoulda kept clock running. (he shoulda taken his starters out the series before that too but left them in the whole time as well) So KF used all his TOs after that to let him know how ridiculous that was. When asked about it after the game KF said I was taking Floyd home and I thought I'd leave the TOs here..... That will be made a Tshirt as the ultimate 1 liner by KF.

F fleck seriously what are you doing? Like a late TD against Iowas 2nd and 3rd team actually meant anything at that point
Fleck would have had a bit of explaining to do had he lost Morgan or Bateman or that running back.

He no doubt would have launched into some quasi philosophical bent about some native American hoedown or how Betelgeuse may supernova soon or how he was going to watch a rerun of "Fish That Saved Pittsburgh". Complete with lyrics from Donovan.

Well I think he wanted the shutout for his defense and pulled out all the stops.

Plus enough posters on here have said he is not a Fleck Fan . Didnt Fleck contact some hawk recruits when he first got the minny job?? That is a no no
There is something to the coaching staffs not liking each other. They fight for the same recruits and do cross paths on the recruiting trail.

Fleck would have had a bit of explaining to do had he lost Morgan or Bateman or that running back.

He no doubt would have launched into some quasi philosophical bent about some native American hoedown or how Betelgeuse may supernova soon or how he was going to watch a rerun of "Fish That Saved Pittsburgh". Complete with lyrics from Donovan.
Had to google "Betelgeuse". You are too smart to be on a football message board.

The Daily Goofer had a tweet up bitching about the 2-pt conversion. Title was ‘Kirk keeps it classy by going for 2 up by 26 in the fourth’. Responses were pretty funny.

This is why I don't understand all the people who were saying they were done with Iowa Football. Every year is a different evolution. Last year it was Stanley's inconsistency at times, BF's play calling, and our lack of a running game. This year it's what happened to our run defense at Purdue, how many fingers is Petras going to break in the short passing game, and what the hell is BF doing calling 50 passes against NW.

Trust me...there is no love lost with the B10 and Fleck. He's rubbed alot of people the wrong way with his antics. The fact that he left his starters in the game in the last 5 minutes was pretty lame. Then for Fleck to get pissed because KF was going to call a timeout on the incomplete pass, well, the rest was priceless. It's a god damn rivalry game for a reason...and when you are on the right side for 6 straight...that's good stuff.

Welcome home Floyd...by the time you go back to Minnesota you may be ready to retire in Florida.

There is something to the coaching staffs not liking each other. They fight for the same recruits and do cross paths on the recruiting trail.

Former Minnesota coach Jerry Kill blasts current head coach P.J. Fleck over antics​

And didn't Fleck go after other teams recruits who had already signed a letter of intent???

Former Minnesota coach Jerry Kill blasts current head coach P.J. Fleck over antics​

And didn't Fleck go after other teams recruits who had already signed a letter of intent???
Wow...just wow. I have alot of respect for Jerry Kill. Kill put together some tough ass football teams. I've heard rumors that Fleck has pissed some people off at the B10 meetings too. He's all about being PT Barnum 24/7...and let's face, there are alot of suckers in Minnesota.

Had to google "Betelgeuse". You are too smart to be on a football message board.
You didn't happen to stumble upon 'Beetlejuice" did you?

I was trying to see things through the lens of a combination Barnum & Bailey carnival barker/Zen philosopher.

And I'll tell you I was about five minutes away from a massive headache.

The 2 point makes sense football wise. That minnesota team has playmakers, now if he does it going up by 35 that's different, or late in the 4th that's different. What you don't do is leave your studd players in down by 35 against back ups and thirds stringers so you can get them their stats and stop the shutout. And you don't call a timeout with 19 seconds left to get your first stringers a score against third stringers. On top of that its a super cold night, the increased injury risk by you extending the game is just stupid. I thought the 3 time out thing by Kirk was a great way of pointing out how lame the use of a timeout was there. Fantastic gamesmanship.

If either of them got hurt that last drive omg their fans shoulda ran him out of town with oars.

Here's what I thought KF shoulda done. After the 3rd TO put the starters back in. Double Bateman and blitz everyone else. Not sayin try to hurt their QB but I want him to get hit. Now KF is way more mature then I am but that was my thought process. F them for keeping starters in, throwing the ball and for especially calling that TO with 19 seconds left. If they wanted to run up and spike it/run another play then ok but don't be burning TOs and shit. That was lame and he deserved to be called on it.

The Daily Goofer had a tweet up bitching about the 2-pt conversion. Title was ‘Kirk keeps it classy by going for 2 up by 26 in the fourth’. Responses were pretty funny.

So Iowa then won the "classy" game 2-1? Going for 2 up 26 in the 4th and burning 3 straight TOs after PJ's calling of a TO to try to score a meaningless TD against backups? Here's a thought...instead of whining about a team trying to to extend a 26 pt. lead to a 28 pt. lead either (A) keep the game somewhat close or (B) keep them out of the end zone on the 2 pt. conversion. IMO it was nothing more than a lesson in humility aimed at the Gophers...unfortunately it missed its mark as PJ was too busy rowing his boat.

So Iowa then won the "classy" game 2-1? Going for 2 up 26 in the 4th and burning 3 straight TOs after PJ's calling of a TO to try to score a meaningless TD against backups? Here's a thought...instead of whining about a team trying to to extend a 26 pt. lead to a 28 pt. lead either (A) keep the game somewhat close or (B) keep them out of the end zone on the 2 pt. conversion. IMO it was nothing more than a lesson in humility aimed at the Gophers...unfortunately it missed its mark as PJ was too busy rowing his boat.
How much time was left in the 4th when we went for 2? Seemed like quite a bit as we still had starters in then. I didn't think that was a big deal and wouldn't have if shoes were on the other feet. Hell it made sense. Is that really what irked him? How about that his offense couldn't score against our 1st team at all that shoulda really irked him. Hope he's happy he didn't end up with the goose egg. Cause that's all he got out of that game

How much time was left in the 4th when we went for 2? Seemed like quite a bit as we still had starters in then. I didn't think that was a big deal and wouldn't have if shoes were on the other feet. Hell it made sense. Is that really what irked him? How about that his offense couldn't score against our 1st team at all that shoulda really irked him. Hope he's happy he didn't end up with the goose egg. Cause that's all he got out of that game

I totally agree. whether it was in the third quarter or in the fourth quarter it was the right football decision after failing to convert the earlier PAT. Calling a TO in the closing seconds of a game while playing your starters against a teams 2nd/3rd team simply to dodge a shutout is just a dick move.

Gee. Did the ol’ boat rower get mad because we took an opportunity to get a a 2 point conversion play on tape? Yeah, ok.

Wow...just wow. I have alot of respect for Jerry Kill. Kill put together some tough ass football teams. I've heard rumors that Fleck has pissed some people off at the B10 meetings too. He's all about being PT Barnum 24/7...and let's face, there are alot of suckers in Minnesota.
It would be interesting to see what other coaches reactions were to all this. I bet some got a kick out of it all too. Fleck doesn't seem to be making friends within the industry which it only takes a couple rough yrs to go down hill. Ask Harbaugh or Franklin hell he might be wishin he'd have leveled up in the last yr or two I'm sure he had opportunities.

And, of course, here at the T shirt/hoodies commemorating the event: I might buy one of these. I wouldn't be surprised but what one of these doesn't show up in the Gopher locker toom next year!