Iowa breaks 100 points!

May was a beast this whole game.

He was great today. He might have won the play of the game on a play that he didn't even finish...we got out on a 3 on 2 break (I think), Cully with the ball. Cully attacks the defense, then at about the free throw line lofts the ball towards the basket. May, who had been coming down Cully's right side, comes FLYING in from the wing and tries to grab it and slam it with his right hand, but unfortunately he wasn't able to gain control of it. But Basabe (again, I think) picked up the scraps and got the putback. He had a few highlight reel moments in the first half, but if he could have connected that, it easily would have topped them all!

Years of coaching youth leagues and I can tell you that it is so much easier to win when you are having FUN. Playing this way is much more fun to play. Tell the rest of the nation that Iowa has removed the peach baskets, nut hugging shorts, and underhand freethrow shots. Welcome the Hawkeyes to modern age basketball again! WOO HOO!

I didn't see the game yesterday and am holding out for that Tuesday replay, but I couldn't resist coming out here just to hear how the game turned out. 111 points? NICE!!! And only 10 turnovers in the process. That's VERY encouraging.

Yeah yeah, I know it was Illinois Springfield, but hey. It sounds like the team came out and took care of business and looked good doing it. I'm looking forward to watching this team play! I'm already pumped after hearing about how the exhibition went.

Keep the "hype" in check? Let if flow, I say. Whether it's warranted or not, some fan excitement is precisely what this program needs right now.