Iowa Bowl Predictions

Which Bowl Will Iowa Go To

• Total voters

MeatMan

What is your prediction for Iowa's bowl spot?

Cap 1
Outback
Buffalo Wild Wings
Gator
Texas

I'm picking Outback. No way Iowa jumps Wisconsin. Or at least they shouldn't. And no way should Mich, Minny, or Nebby jump Iowa for the Outback, that would be a travesty.

outback-bowl-logo.jpg

which do you think will happen?
Well NIU is losing so that would help with 2 up. Would help if Texas beat Baylor and Oklahoma st best Oklahoma and SMU beat UCF and Stanford beats ASU. That would help MSU stay in Top 14 if they lose in a relatively close game, <14. I think a mix of that happens and the 2 up happens with Iowa in the Outback vs LSU or S Carolina.

Well NIU is losing so that would help with 2 up. Would help if Texas beat Baylor and Oklahoma st best Oklahoma and SMU beat UCF and Stanford beats ASU. That would help MSU stay in Top 14 if they lose in a relatively close game, <14. I think a mix of that happens and the 2 up happens with Iowa in the Outback vs LSU or S Carolina.

UCF is in BCS any way you slice it. No effect on us.

We've got no shot at the BWW. They are picking Nebraska. I think the Gator would prefer Michigan.

I think we'll either go Outback or Texas bowl with Outback being the most likely.

NIU losing basically seals the deal. Unless MSU gets beat by 40 they won't drop 5 spots out of the top 14. Outback here we come!

Oh yeah there is also that hypothesis presented by Morehouse and Docterman from the Gazette that the Cap One Bowl might, MIGHT see a higher crowd potential in bringing a bowl hungry fanbase in Iowa over a fanbase that has been spoiled by three Rose Bowls in a row in Wiscy.

Oh yeah there is also that hypothesis presented by Morehouse and Docterman from the Gazette that the Cap One Bowl might, MIGHT see a higher crowd potential in bringing a bowl hungry fanbase in Iowa over a fanbase that has been spoiled by three Rose Bowls in a row in Wiscy.

love the On Iowa guys, but i just don't see it.

UCF is in BCS any way you slice it. No effect on us.

UCF loss still helps cushion MSU's fall assuming a loss in the B1G title game. One fewer team that could jump into the top 14.

And NIU is out now no matter what. Even with a UCF loss, they had to stay in front AND be top-16.

love the On Iowa guys, but i just don't see it.

I agree for the most part but they do have a valid point. Wiscy's traveling fanbase has been to Pasadena the last three years. When you get that spoiled anything less is a downer. Iowa is going to bring a lot of fans this year after sitting out last winter. I think they bring even more yet if they jump up another bowl level. Then again the more a team jumps up the tougher the competition gets.

The Gophs own the Texas Bowl guys. Their pitiful attendance seals that deal. It would be a travesty if all three of the crap teams we beat jumped us up the money chain bowl wise.

I agree for the most part but they do have a valid point. Wiscy's traveling fanbase has been to Pasadena the last three years. When you get that spoiled anything less is a downer. Iowa is going to bring a lot of fans this year after sitting out last winter. I think they bring even more yet if they jump up another bowl level. Then again the more a team jumps up the tougher the competition gets.

yeah, i don't want to see Iowa get pounded by a super good SEC team just because they travel better.

yeah, i don't want to see Iowa get pounded by a super good SEC team just because they travel better.
Exactly! Big picture Iowa needs a game that is memorable to anybody who watches on TV. Big blow outs are generally only memorable to fans of the teams involved with the looser's fans generally wishing they could forget it.

Memorable generally means a dramatic finish to a dramatic game. Think "Tate to Holloway" or "Seven got six".

Look at what the Fiesta bowl victory over Oklahoma did for BSU. Chris Peterson was able to get a stream of J.C. players coming into his program and kept it on the map for 4 years largely on the outcome of that game. Pretty sure Auburn will get plenty of mileage out of their victory over Alabama even if Missouri pounds them in the SEC championship.

Iowa has been largely absent on the national stage since 2010 and the right bowl slotting and match up could go a long way in putting Iowa back in the discussion.

It's rare in CFB when what I want and what I think will happen are the same. Usually I get neither. It's rarer still when what I want and what I think actually happens.

I'm thinking it's going to be a Hawkeye victory over the Aggies in the Outback bowl.

Latest posts