Iowa Bill Targets Standford Band

Politicians with free time on their hands...wow, who knew?

Jeeesus.

That said, Stanford claiming some sort of "they're not really our band" stance, is weak too. If you know they're going to continue to do stupid sh!t, and you let them keep doing it....

Still, Iowa needs to let this go. It's done and the only thing anyone will remember is that the team got whooped...even that will fade.

Politics as a whole just makes me sad anymore.

embarrassing, really. way more important issues to discuss. if we were kicking their butts 35-0 instead of the opposite, it wouldn't have been an issue. legislate morality? who'd a thunk.

I think this is a good move to break off future events with Stanford. The actions of the "band" and fans were inexcusable. I will be writing Senator Hart to show my support. I would definitely not allow them in this state.

The Rose Bowl should also be investigated for why they allowed this, or even let the "band" in. They have been banned from road events elsewhere. They should have been proactive and denied entry to them. Also why haven't the pac 10 or NCAA taken actions against them yet? They probably should. After that they could possibly investigated "turfgate".

Well the team and school can rest easy.

Anything that performance on the field did to "embarrass the state" (which, in my opinion, they did not), has been easily eclipsed by this crybaby legislator.

I hope this bill dies more quickly than the memories of the game.

I think this is a good move to break off future events with Stanford. The actions of the "band" and fans were inexcusable. I will be writing Senator Hart to show my support. I would definitely not allow them in this state.

The Rose Bowl should also be investigated for why they allowed this, or even let the "band" in. They have been banned from road events elsewhere. They should have been proactive and denied entry to them. Also why haven't the pac 10 or NCAA taken actions against them yet? They probably should. After that they could possibly investigated "turfgate".

you're an idiot.

This is pathetic. Who cares if Stanford "condones unsporting behavior"? And who the hell are these little insignificant ****-ant state senators to decide what that is?

Just more government bureaucratic BS. Thanks government, for trying to keep us from hurting ourselves, but we can handle it alone. Really.

*facepalm*

That is not polite to bad mouth someone just because you disagree with them. If you think everyone that has a problem with that "band" lacks mental capacity you might be in for a shock. The pac 10 has known for a long time about how inappropriate they are in a college football setting. We are just beginning to learn that here.

Boy if this doesn't make us look like big whiney babies!!

This would do more harm than good and in addition costs tax payers $$ trying to get the bill. Stupid. Don't they have better things to do. Do you think Stanford would care. No.

OMG! A band put on a bad halftime show making fun of Iowans. We oughta make a law blah blah blah.

You're last avatar had a Hawkeye marching band picture, so this is near and dear to your heart.

Play on nick, play on.

Latest posts