Iowa Bill Targets Standford Band

I think this is a good move to break off future events with Stanford. The actions of the "band" and fans were inexcusable. I will be writing Senator Hart to show my support. I would definitely not allow them in this state.

The Rose Bowl should also be investigated for why they allowed this, or even let the "band" in. They have been banned from road events elsewhere. They should have been proactive and denied entry to them. Also why haven't the pac 10 or NCAA taken actions against them yet? They probably should. After that they could possibly investigated "turfgate".
Of all of the things to get angry about, Stanford making fun of farmers isn't even a blip on the radar. I read back in the 90's their band got in trouble because when playing Notre Dame, their drum major dressed like a nun and directed the band with an upside down cross...in South Bend none the less.

They have repeatedly displayed behavior that has no place in college athletics. They will continue to get banned from more venues, and I believe they should be. If they want an example of what a marching band should be look no further than the University of Iowa marching band. They are a band to be proud of with their skill and respectful behavior.

They have repeatedly displayed behavior that has no place in college athletics. They will continue to get banned from more venues, and I believe they should be. If they want an example of what a marching band should be look no further than the University of Iowa marching band. They are a band to be proud of with their skill and respectful behavior.
I would respect them more if their music selection moved out of the 70's.

If there has been anything worth playing that has come out since 1980. Maybe some of the Fabulous Fryers bowl songs from the 45s. Great songs of old withstand the test of time. If anything I would switch to more polka over Beatles music, but that in no way diminishes the skill of the band.

If nobody payed attention to the Stanford band, they'd go away quietly.

Was the show awful? Yep. Was if offensive? No, because it was so bad that even ESPN had to turn the cameras off of it. Honestly, after hearing about all of their previous exploits with the likes of ND, their Rose Bowl performance was even underwhelming.

Let's let this go, guys. And by "guys", I mean the weak-a$$ senator who thought this was a good way to spend his time.

71136c4467eaaec89da7417c6dcc651d3776255a_r.jpg

I think this is a good move to break off future events with Stanford. The actions of the "band" and fans were inexcusable. I will be writing Senator Hart to show my support. I would definitely not allow them in this state.

The Rose Bowl should also be investigated for why they allowed this, or even let the "band" in. They have been banned from road events elsewhere. They should have been proactive and denied entry to them. Also why haven't the pac 10 or NCAA taken actions against them yet? They probably should. After that they could possibly investigated "turfgate".

Satire...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I84ORrbTouQ

Last edited:
Of all of the things to get angry about, Stanford making fun of farmers isn't even a blip on the radar. I read back in the 90's their band got in trouble because when playing Notre Dame, their drum major dressed like a nun and directed the band with an upside down cross...in South Bend none the less.

California is a different breed of people that is for sure. You said they got into trouble. Do you happen to know what the consequences were?

That. Is. Awesome.

If nobody payed attention to the Stanford band, they'd go away quietly.

Actually, no they wouldn't. They'll keep doing what they do...let em. In a way, it's a refreshing contrast to the "I'm offended" , "I need a safe place" idiocy that's happening on college campi. The Stanford band is a bunch of wise azzes that need their wings clipped from time to time. The later is a pathos that's infesting our entire culture with the blessing of the "intellectuals" (big emphasis on air quotation marks) that are charged with teaching these kids.

As for the bill, what a ridiculous waste of time (something all too common from our elected officials).

Last edited:
Actually, no they wouldn't. They'll keep doing what they do...let em. In a way, it's a refreshing contrast to the "I'm offended" , "I need a safe place" idiocy that's happening on college campi. The Stanford band is a bunch of wise azzes that need their wings clipped from time to time. The later is a pathos that's infesting our entire culture with the blessing of the "intellectuals" (big emphasis on air quotation marks) that are charged with teaching these kids.

As for the bill, what a ridiculous waste of time (something all too common from our elected officials).

Its not that I don't appreciate Stanford band's offensive trolling. God knows I love that. It's that they're not as good at it as their collective IQ should afford.

At some point an emotionally mature person, decides they are just going to go on, even though their feelings have been hurt. This says, Iowa is pouting.

Sad day.