Iowa Basketball Offers Brock Harding

Don't watch too many recruit highlight reels but was impressed by this young man's play. A "magician with the ball" is a good description. More size and he'd be attracting much more attention........and still may.

Don't watch too many recruit highlight reels but was impressed by this young man's play. A "magician with the ball" is a good description. More size and he'd be attracting much more attention........and still may.

Magician Indeed. He handles the ball right now as well than anyone who has ever played for the Hawks

Very fluid with the ball, reminds me of Seth Curry dribbling in traffic, attracting attention, then passing the
ball to an open teammate for a score

Looks like a steal for Fran who certainly can spot the quality that others seemingly miss

Smooth jump shot and he can take it to the hole, as they say

Dunks with ease, can't wait for Brock to play in a Hawkeye uniform

Owen Freeman coming to Iowa certainly should make a difference

He reminds me a little bit of Caitlin Clark

:cool:

He's certainly on the smaller side but compared to what JBo was he's more athletic. Dude is able to throw down which is impressive. Sounds like it's a foregone conclusion that he'll choose Iowa but it's hard telling. He may not be a full time starter that plays big mins like JBo often did but a player like him is always nice to have

I was thinking he looks like a young "Professor" from the And1 MixTape Tours of my youth. He is sneaky athletic and has an extremely quick twitch. The fact that he will be playing with Owen Freeman just makes it that much better if he were to commit to Iowa. I have heard he grew up in a very big Illini family, so if they come into the fold that might be hard to overcome.

6 foot, 160 pounds. 6 inches taller than Rudy Ruettiger. Though I do agree with the "Professor" comments from above. Kid can even dunk.

Hopefully his game transfers over to the grind the Big Ten Conference and he can stay healthy.....guard skills like his is what Iowa needs desperately.

I was thinking he looks like a young "Professor" from the And1 MixTape Tours of my youth. He is sneaky athletic and has an extremely quick twitch. The fact that he will be playing with Owen Freeman just makes it that much better if he were to commit to Iowa. I have heard he grew up in a very big Illini family, so if they come into the fold that might be hard to overcome.
I was just watching Adam Sandlers movie Hustle and that Professor dude had a cameo in it. It's funny you mention him. Hadn't thought of that dude or that And1 stuff in a long time but there he was doing his thing.

He's certainly on the smaller side but compared to what JBo was he's more athletic. Dude is able to throw down which is impressive. Sounds like it's a foregone conclusion that he'll choose Iowa but it's hard telling. He may not be a full time starter that plays big mins like JBo often did but a player like him is always nice to have

One would think he would grow at least 2 inches which would put him at 6'2 inches

6'4 would be nice, Jordan Bohannon is 6'1 and Steph Curry is 6'2

Plus he can dunk the ball very nicely right now, something Jordan and Steph didn't do all that much

6 foot, 160 pounds. 6 inches taller than Rudy Ruettiger. Though I do agree with the "Professor" comments from above. Kid can even dunk.

Hopefully his game transfers over to the grind the Big Ten Conference and he can stay healthy.....guard skills like his is what Iowa needs desperately.

Yeah, that is the clip I watched, he is definitely a Nightmare to guard

Fran is consistently getting pro draft prospects now,

One would think he would be getting more established prospects also

Brock is more than a diamond in the rough for certain

His height and small frame could be problematic for most coaches, but I see nothing bur
upside, Big Time

One would think he would grow at least 2 inches which would put him at 6'2 inches

Plus he can dunk the ball very nicely right now, something Jordan and Steph didn't do all that much

Yeah the growing thing is hard to tell on. Even if he doesn't grow any taller they'll hopefully put 20 plus lbs of good weight on him. 150-160 is certainly on the smaller side for D1. Allen Iverson was probably 170-175 tops in college. BJ Armstrong was like 6'2 170 when he was at Iowa maybe smaller too. Playing around that weight is doable. It's just going to be noticeably limiting at times

For sure, he looks really smooth with the ball and has springs in his legs.....I hope we can get him.

Yeah the growing thing is hard to tell on. Even if he doesn't grow any taller they'll hopefully put 20 plus lbs of good weight on him. 150-160 is certainly on the smaller side for D1. Allen Iverson was probably 170-175 tops in college. BJ Armstrong was like 6'2 170 when he was at Iowa maybe smaller too. Playing around that weight is doable. It's just going to be noticeably limiting at times
I agree, if they could put 15-20 pounds on him and hopefully not take away from his game that much just so he can handle the grind better in conference.