Iowa Basketball Needs to Start Healing

This hire reminded me of a quote by KF in SI this fall... "None of us here were the first choice to the prom," says Ferentz. "That's players and coaches."

I personally was a little surprised by the hire, as I think many were... but best of luck and GO HAWKS.

Jon,

your circle the wagons story is 100% my feelings on the situation right now. I really hope that when the time comes people will put their full support behind the new coaching staff and look for brighter days from this team and the program.

Let's say I am underwhelmed at McCaffery being hired as our head coach. Barta needed to get someone who would energize the fan base and get them excited. But when the vast majority of Hawk fans say "who?" to the name Fran McCaffery....that doesn't exactly create a buzz for Iowa basketball.

That being said....I'm going to support him and give him the same chance I've given every Iowa BB coach hired since Ralph Miller left.

The more I look at him....the more accepting I am. The potential is there. This guy could turn out to really be a good one. At the very least, I have no doubt he will do a better job than Lickliter did.

Latest posts