Iowa Basketball Media Day Content Links

Rob thanks for posting the interviews on the main page. It was good to hear from some of the new guys that I am not that familiar with.

I enjoyed hearing from Connor and his willingness to come off of the bench even if it means his brother is starting before him. I know he is tough hard nose player but it was nice to see that side of him. I have four brothers and we’ve mixed it up many times on the playground and I know how competitive that can get.

Last edited:
Fran pulls no punches. I like that about him. The under current in his remarks were directed at his players: You are a talented bunch. If you want minutes, you better earn them. You better be ready when the lights go on. Hear what I said about your ability to shoot, rebound, play D, attack the rim, or lose/gain weight.
Furthermore, I am not one bit surprised that Conner is fine with coming off the bench. He is all about leadership and his teammates. He is a two sport, double major, 3.9 gpa scholar. We are lucky to have him.

This group will not finish 9th. I seriously think they can make a run for the upper division. Lot of experience in the guard court and with the transfer and Murray brothers lots of athletes. I hope the best players play, but we will be one of the deepest teams in the country. I'm excited to watch the Defense. Let them full court press coach.

Latest posts