Iowa Basketball Media Day Content Links

Rob thanks for posting the interviews on the main page. It was good to hear from some of the new guys that I am not that familiar with.

I enjoyed hearing from Connor and his willingness to come off of the bench even if it means his brother is starting before him. I know he is tough hard nose player but it was nice to see that side of him. I have four brothers and we’ve mixed it up many times on the playground and I know how competitive that can get.

Last edited:
Fran pulls no punches. I like that about him. The under current in his remarks were directed at his players: You are a talented bunch. If you want minutes, you better earn them. You better be ready when the lights go on. Hear what I said about your ability to shoot, rebound, play D, attack the rim, or lose/gain weight.
Furthermore, I am not one bit surprised that Conner is fine with coming off the bench. He is all about leadership and his teammates. He is a two sport, double major, 3.9 gpa scholar. We are lucky to have him.

This group will not finish 9th. I seriously think they can make a run for the upper division. Lot of experience in the guard court and with the transfer and Murray brothers lots of athletes. I hope the best players play, but we will be one of the deepest teams in the country. I'm excited to watch the Defense. Let them full court press coach.