Iowa basketball deserves better

HaydenHawk56

Watching 911 right now........would like to dial this number for our poor ole basketball team. Fundamentally broken program at the moment.

Watching 911 right now........would like to dial this number for our poor ole basketball team. Fundamentally broken program at the moment.

Honestly it doesn't. I think a team deserves exactly what a fan base puts into it. These fans our actually getting what we deserve.

Honestly it doesn't. I think a team deserves exactly what a fan base puts into it. These fans our actually getting what we deserve.
Did you bump your damn head???? The Iowa fans have financially supported Iowa basketball for nearly 40 years without a conference title to show for it!!!!!
Top 25 in attendance EVERY DAMN YEAR!!!
Iowa basketball owes it's fans far more than we owe them. The FANS are the only part of this duo that has delivered!
You and Gary Barta deserve a kick in the ass.

Did you bump your damn head???? The Iowa fans have financially supported Iowa basketball for nearly 40 years without a conference title to show for it!!!!!
Top 25 in attendance EVERY DAMN YEAR!!!
Iowa basketball owes it's fans far more than we owe them. The FANS are the only part of this duo that has delivered!
You and Gary Barta deserve a kick in the ass.

Have you not been to Carver in awhile? I don't even go anymore. It's just so uncomfortable there. A huge play happens and you have to question whether it's ok to get up and cheer.

The fans may give them money. But they sure as hell don't provide a home court advantage.

Have you not been to Carver in awhile? I don't even go anymore. It's just so uncomfortable there. A huge play happens and you have to question whether it's ok to get up and cheer.

The fans may give them money. But they sure as hell don't provide a home court advantage.
Ok. I see what you are saying. Sorry I blew up.

Can you tell the older guy in the front row who stands up every five seconds giving the travel signal to leave too?

There was a part of me who thought last years team relied on Jok too much . I figured this years team would be more team oriented on offense and they wouldn’t really miss him . I was wrong we miss him terribly . I didn’t think williams was that good but Ellingson makes him look like a first team All American . This team misses Williams perimeter defense

It would be fun to see what a Tom Davis or a Lute Olson could do with the talent Iowa has on hand. I don't think having a running team is a really good Idea if you don't have the athletes. I'm pretty sure Davis would have a more controlled team to better utilize the players abilities. Anyway, I think McCaffery has had plenty of time to develop a consistently good team.

I look at how this team is playing this year, and I wonder how are they going to be that much better next year. They are 2/3 of the way through this season and are still making the same mistakes now they were making down in the Cayman Islands - it's actually probably worse now because they've played 15 more games or so, and they're no better.

So, they go 1-17 this year (it could very well happen), maybe they eek out 3 more wins but I don't see any game that anyone can count on. What will next year be like? 4-14? 6-12? 8-8? While that would be better, that is the faintest of praise. Does anyone really think next year they'll be an NCAA tournament team? They are short on talent, and this could be awhile. It can turn around faster in basketball if you can get a couple of studs, and while I believe Weiskamp will be an upgrade in talent, I don't think he alone is going to be the one guy who will turn the team around. I hope I'm wrong about the future, but I'm discouraged by what I've seen this year.

The pressure is on Fran to bring in better players. It's that simple. And, if he can't get the guys he wants, he should bank some scholarships for future years instead of filling out the roster with guys who aren't BT level talent.

I tried watching last night. Gave up in first half. Time for Fran to leave.

It would be fun to see what a Tom Davis or a Lute Olson could do with the talent Iowa has on hand. I don't think having a running team is a really good Idea if you don't have the athletes. I'm pretty sure Davis would have a more controlled team to better utilize the players abilities. Anyway, I think McCaffery has had plenty of time to develop a consistently good team.

The findamentals are terrible. Olson and Davis could help. Without a pt guard it would still be bad. Not as bad.

Last edited:

I went to the Oklahoma St wrestling meet last Sunday, there were about 13,000 fans. It was a great atmosphere (and Iowa won.)

I went to the Oklahoma St wrestling meet last Sunday, there were about 13,000 fans. It was a great atmosphere (and Iowa won.)

I was at the NIT game Fran's second year and it was crazy there. It's not a building problem. It's a season ticket holder problem.

Let me guess you don't have season tickets but you're complaining about people that do.

I'd honestly be concerned about any fan that could bring the energy level of an NCAA game or hosting a NIT game to Carver night in and night out to support the way we are playing right now.

Airing of grievances:

1--Fire Gary Barta. He should've been fired after the lawsuits.

2--Have a come to Jesus meeting w/the coaches and players. Rip the scabs off. There's clearly something dysfunctional here far beyond lack of athletic ability. Puke on the table boys. Stop this passive/aggressive s**t.

3--Play the kids who give max effort. I swear to Christ if I see another hanging head...

4--Stop playing 11 guys. Cut the rotation to 7 or 8. Bohannon, Dailey, Moss, Baer, Cook, Garza, Nunge (playing as a 4 or 5, NOT a 3), Pemsl or Kriener only if needed because of fouls/injury.

5--Let the season play out. I'm really excited for Weiskamp to be a Hawk. But the reality is Fran needs to shake up his staff and his roster or he won't be coaching here longer than another year.

Latest posts