• Exceeded Expectations

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Met Expectations

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Well, There's Next Year

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

MelroseHawkins

At the end of this season, what do you think the Hawks will have done? Are we expecting too much at this point or are they at where we think they should be.

Not voting because there's no way to know if the Hawks will meet my expectations this year or not.. This seems like a better end of season poll.

That said, my expectations are an NCAA bid, no less than an 8-9 seed. Top half of the conference standings.

Will they do it? No idea. Pre-season expections dont mean a lot. This year could be better than I expect, too.

Maybe I'm missing something. Seems like "what do you think they 'll have done" and "what are your expectations" are different phrasings of the same question.

If they don't make the NCAA tourney, it's gonna get pretty depressing around here, especially the way football's going.

My hopes are on the BBall team cause the football team is screaming towards a crash landing. Thats for this week anyway. :)

My expectations are making the dance, winning the first round game and then getting blown out in the second round.

If the NCAA really goes after the cheaters, it would be conceivable that Iowa has a great chance at a national championship.

My expectations (national expectations are lower but mine are higher because as a fan I can see where key players have overachieved their rankings) are the NCAA. This is if there are no key injuries (especially JB). The strength is frontcourt depth. If we find another consistent defender vs athletic backcourts (CW/MD), then a top 5 B1G finish and and second tourney weekend are possible, but it's stretching it to say 'expected'.

I expect Iowa to make the tourney and win a game. Anything more than that is gravy, and as long as they make the tourney I don't see any reason to get bent out of shape about anything.

LOL. You really are obsessed with me. I'll PM you my address and you can send flowers. Smooch.

I actually don't think I've ever even replied to a post of yours or even known who you were before today.

Nevermind we probably go way back in the Dirty 30 days. You just happen to be posting under a different screen name.

I actually don't think I've ever even replied to a post of yours or even known who you were before today.

Nevermind we probably go way back in the Dirty 30 days. You just happen to be posting under a different screen name.
I've only ever had one user name here. I've been posting since 2014 under this ID. The only one I've ever had.

I've only ever had one user name here. I've been posting since 2014 under this ID. The only one I've ever had.

If you have never posted here before this screen name, and this is the first time I have ever responded to your posts, why would you claim I am obsessed with you? You have replied to just as many post by me as I have you.

If the NCAA really goes after the cheaters, it would be conceivable that Iowa has a great chance at a national championship.

Who are the cheaters? From the BIG I'd say the only guilty program might be Minny just because of the Pitino connection. MSU? I'd be surprised. Wisconsin? No way, despite their success they usually have low recruiting rankings.

I would expect that Iowa finishes above 10-8 and makes the dance comfortably. Young team but many guys played big minutes last year

Who are the cheaters? From the BIG I'd say the only guilty program might be Minny just because of the Pitino connection. MSU? I'd be surprised. Wisconsin? No way, despite their success they usually have low recruiting rankings.

I would expect that Iowa finishes above 10-8 and makes the dance comfortably. Young team but many guys played big minutes last year
It was a suppose to be a joke. I do think Iowa can beat any team in the country, but ther are surely teams that have the ability to beat Iowa.

Top 5 in BIG and they better be dancing with a 7 seed or higher. This is a heck of a group. If they get off to a strong start, stay healthy and just win the winnable games on their schedule 22 wins should be the floor in regular season.. How impressively they do it will determine how high up the rankings they get and all that. I'm not as worried about that at all in fact that's at the bottom of it. If they can improve on D even a little bit look out skys the limit

This poll doesn't make a whole lot of a lot of sense. Its hard to have expectations and then react on those expectations before the season has even started. However, going into the season here would be my barometer

Above Expectations: Sweet 16
Met Expectations: Dance
Below Expectations: NIT or worse

Latest posts