IOWA-Ball State football thread.

Last week we dropped one rank even tho we won. Hate to see how far we drop on this one. Congrats on the win HAWKS! That said, if they had a quarter back who was even a bit better we would have lost. No question in my mind. Young talent needs to develop quickly, hurry, hurry!

lol.... man I can't even imagine if kirk (not Kurt) hadn't had that luck arse 2009 season.

That season bought him 5 years of immunity at least. Tbh this program hasn't been even close to what it was since 2004.
True. Unfortunately, so many people live in the past.

No joy, but relief.

I don't know which QB is better. One is a game manager. I don't know about the other.

But I do know this: the reason why 98% of Ruddock's passes are <15 yds is because he has no accuracy on >15 yds. It's frustrating to see wide-open receivers have to break off routes to catch an inaccurate throw. Even the TD throw to Willies was behind him.

I also know this: Beathard had perfect touch on his non-TD pass.

Survive and advance....that's all I care about! Go Hawks!

by the way....best 2 min drill in 16 yrs....about time!

In years past, we would have folded like an old tent. Hats off to the leadership shown by the players and that the coaches kept coaching. Many other years this would have been a loss....

The Iowa FB team wins despite **** poor coaching.

What exactly was poor coaching? They way I saw it we couldn't score in the red zone, missed easy fgs, had no running game and had a qb miss deep throws that were wide open. The only coaching call that I questioned was putting CJ in and then pulling him when he did well.

What exactly was poor coaching? They way I saw it we couldn't score in the red zone, missed easy fgs, had no running game and had a qb miss deep throws that were wide open. The only coaching call that I questioned was putting CJ in and then pulling him when he did well.

It ended up working out, but punting at midfield, down 2 scores with 7 minutes left is poor coaching and borderline gutless.

It ended up working out, but punting at midfield, down 2 scores with 7 minutes left is poor coaching and borderline gutless.

If we go for it and don't make it, game over. Turned out great, so good coaching. Typically how it goes....if it works, great coaching....if not, terrible coaching.

I'm guessing this is why the Captain gets the big money and you spend
your Saturdays trolling forums and second guessing the winners.

The funny thing is you don't even seem to know what you're accusing him of....

Punting at midfield in this scenario isn't a sign of poor coaching. It may be a
sign of poor strategic thinking but it turns out he was right so... not so much.

Latest posts