• 8-12

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • 7-13

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6-14 or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I went with 10–10 but I actually think it’s going to be really tough to get there. Life on the road is going to be absolutely brutal in this conference.

This was easy to predict 2 months ago. Now it's a lot harder. I think this team can win 11 games, IF they don't lose 2 or 3 close games like the game we had last night. If that happens, they could start pressing the issue and completely collapse. I'll say 11-9 but I wouldn't bet a wooden nickle on it either way.

This was easy to predict 2 months ago. Now it's a lot harder. I think this team can win 11 games, IF they don't lose 2 or 3 close games like the game we had last night. If that happens, they could start pressing the issue and completely collapse. I'll say 11-9 but I wouldn't bet a wooden nickle on it either way.

You already bet me $50 that Iowa wouldn't dance - with the way the Non Con is going, 11-9 is likely gonna be enough. So, I guess you would bet at least a wooden nickle.

I just don’t find our schedule very advantageous. Life on the road is going to be very challenging which means you really need to accumulate wins at home. Iowa plays Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Maryland, Indiana, and Nebraska at home. Say we drop 4 of those that puts us 6-4 at Carver needing to find 4 road wins to get to 10-10. I don’t see 4 B1G road wins to be quite honest.

The rest of the conference is good. But I don't think anyone is great...top 5 in the country. I say 13-7 but won't be surprised with anything from 11 to 15 wins. I will be absolutely shocked if we are 10-10 or worse...assuming no major injuries.

I honestly don’t think there’s any way to predict Iowa’s record

Or the Big10 standings.

I picked 9-11 just because that’s the number to call after last season’s fire and so I can be jumping when things are better than that.

Take it from someone who has watched the B1G for four decades. You have to win your share of grinders, ugly games like last night's. There's a reason the Knights and Keadys and Izzo's and Ryan's finished in the top four seemingly every year. It's because they won those games more often than they lost them.

Fran was 22-49 in close games over eight years. If he gets it to 36-35, that's almost two full wins per year. At least two of our NIT teams are NCAA. And our three NCAA teams probably improve their seedings by at least three, maybe four. You don't want to play Duke or Kentucky or Gonzaga or Villanova in the second round? Start winning more of those games and you won't!

As weird as it is to say I think Friday’s game against UW might be a must win for Iowa. The road to 10 or 11 wins gets very tough without that one.
I do NOT want to start the conference season in early December 0-2

That sucked last year.

So did the season, in general.

Wisconsin would be a good early season litmus test. They're probably a hair ahead of us and Carver advantage would negate that. I think KenPom has them a bit ahead of us.

I went with 12-8 but I certainly won’t be surprised if it’s 11-9’or 10-10.

After this start, I’ll be disappointed if we are under 500 in the league.

8-11 if the past predicts the future. But, so far, I'm enjoying the ride. Just wondering if/when the bottom will fall out.

++
That was really only last year. The 4 prior years are 9-9, 12-6, 12-6, and 10-8. So it really hasn’t been league play.
What I mean is, I think Iowa will likely win between 8 to 11 games this year. Although true on those accounts, Fran's average wins in conference is 8.5.....so I think 8 to 11 wins is a safe bet. And with the strong non-conference start, if that bottom falls out, I would guess likely has to be in conference.

Last edited:
++

What I mean is, I think Iowa will likely win between 8 to 11 games this year. Although true on those accounts, Fran's average wins in conference is 8.5.....so I think 8 to 11 wins is a safe bet. And with the strong non-conference start, if that bottom falls out, I would guess likely has to be in conference.

++

Ok, sure but his first year was bad and he gets a pass for that.

I’m just looking at a team that is ranked 14 and undefeated this far in.

We’ve showed we are better defensively. We have a lot of scoring options. The league is tough but I don’t think asking .500 is asking too much.

Ok, sure but his first year was bad and he gets a pass for that.

I’m just looking at a team that is ranked 14 and undefeated this far in.

We’ve showed we are better defensively. We have a lot of scoring options. The league is tough but I don’t think asking .500 is asking too much.
I agree. But, I would not be surprised for the same ole same ole swan dive.....hope it never shows up though.

Pittsburgh exposed our man to man and zone defense. If you can’t play man to man in the Big Ten you are in trouble because every team has shooters who can kill a zone. Hopefully we can go 500